Big East Presidents to meet tonight... | The Boneyard

Big East Presidents to meet tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per ESPN Radio: Conference Presidents to meet at a dinner meeting tonight in New York to discuss Big East's future. Pitt & Syracuse not invited to the soiree.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Will they be allowed to drink?

Reaction Score
Seems pointless, none of them are going to trust what the others say anyway.

Reaction Score
Lets pray UCONN doesn't let ND conviince them to stay in this hybrid conference. I UCONN stays with the Big East then they will deserve to be relegated to MID MAJOR conference status. I have to believe our new President won't get swindled by ND.

Reaction Score
Of course its for dinner, so that gopher boy marinate can stuff his slackened jaw with tasty cheesesticks. I would feel better if UConn was not invited.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Will they be allowed to drink?

Yeah, but the joint doesn't serve droids. Go figure.

4MJsStzKX9SMr.jpg

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It is symbolic, if not geographically easy for all members. Makes Boheim's statement accurate.

Reaction Score
It is symbolic, if not geographically easy for all members. Makes Boheim's statement accurate.

It's not symbolic. Where do you think the easiest place to get everyone together on short notice is due to flight availability?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn has some major problems right now. Oklahoma is leaning towards staying in the Big 12, which would be disastrous for the Big East, because then the Big 12 would become a predator and we would be the prey. Why would TCU, Louisville or WVU stick around if they thought that Rutgers and UConn were headed for the door?

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Who's picking up the check???

One has to wonder if this could turn into a grilling session for UCONN and perhaps RU. Pres. Herbst should be on alert.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in that room listening to all the BS that will be spewing.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It's not symbolic. Where do you think the easiest place to get everyone together on short notice is due to flight availability?

yep, get off a plane, quick limo ride, dinner, discussion, quick limo ride, get on plane. Heck it may even take place at JFK.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I was only making an off the cuff statement. I've been pragmatic all morning and need to lighten up a little.

Reaction Score
Who's picking up the check???

One has to wonder if this could turn into a grilling session for UCONN and perhaps RU. Pres. Herbst should be on alert.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in that room listening to all the BS that will be spewing.

They can grill Hebst (and RU) all they want. What exactly do they expect to learn? Neither UCOnn nor RU has anything to tell them.

Reaction Score
Funny that they decide to meet in NYC....and yet sad. it's not unrealistic to think it might be the last time.

I wonder if the seating is going to go....football school prez, non-football school prez, football school prez, non-football school prez........

Boy - to be a fly on the wall in that room huh?

Anybody know the caterer? ;)

Reaction Score
yep, get off a plane, quick limo ride, dinner, discussion, quick limo ride, get on plane. Heck it may even take place at JFK.

This meeting location is all based on timeliness and ease of meeting. No symbolism involved, if anything...only irony!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ugh. She needs to be there. Unless she knows by tonight, knows, not thinks, that it's a done deal. And, if it is a done deal, it should be announced so our partners can plan accordingly.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
From the article :

The source wasn't certain if Connecticut will be represented at the meeting.

... so, it's just not clear at this point.

Reaction Score
Wow, something must be afoot. I don't know what, but if we're not attending that's a VERY clear sign to the Big East that we're out of here. She's far too smart to not know that, so her lack of presence would be deafening in the room. Though let's not get too far, the article doesn't say she's NOT going, it just says it's "unclear". Intentionally fuzzy language.

Reaction Score
Lets pray UCONN doesn't let ND conviince them to stay in this hybrid conference. I UCONN stays with the Big East then they will deserve to be relegated to MID MAJOR conference status. I have to believe our new President won't get swindled by ND.

I think Herbst made a very strong statement that the Big East was not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom