Big East OOC schedules | The Boneyard

Big East OOC schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
That's a pretty stout OOC schedule. Good on them. What's the event happening at Mohegan Sun?

Reaction Score
That's a pretty stout OOC schedule. Good on them. What's the event happening at Mohegan Sun?
Basketball Hall of Fame tip off

Two seperate four-team brackets the weekend of 11/21 & 11/22 that will be precluded with in-campus games:

Naismith Bracket: URI/Marquette & UCF/Minnesota

Springfield Bracket: Lehigh/Quinnipiac & Albany/LIU

On campus games:

November 14

University at Albany at Marquette University
November 17
Long Island University at University of Minnesota
November 18
Lehigh University at University of Rhode Island
Quinnipiac University at University of Central Florida

Reaction Score
Here's a list of each Big East team and the early season tournaments they are involved in:

11/19-11/20 Villanova - 2K Classic w/ Baylor, Michigan, NC State

11/19-11/22 Seton Hall - Charleston Classic w/ Tennessee, Florida State, Houston, Oklahoma State, VCU, Penn State, Charleston

11/21-11/22 Marquette Hall of Fame Tip-Off w/ Rhode Island, Minnesota, UCF

11/23-11/24 UConn Legends Classic w/ USC, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt

11/23-11/25 Providence - Maui Jim w/ UNC, Texas, Stanford, Alabama, Davidson, Indiana, UNLV

11/23-11/25 Butler - Fort Myers Tip-Off w/ Wisconsin, Colorado, USF

11/25-11/27 Creighton - Battle 4 Atlantis w/ Duke, West Virginia, Ohio State, Memphis, Utah, Texas A&M and Wichita State

11/25-11/27 St. John's - NIT Season Tip-Off w/ Texas Tech, Arizona, Cincinnati

11/26-11/27 DePaul - Las Vegas Invitational w/ New Mexico, Grand Canyon, Santa Clara

11/26-11/27 Georgetown - Wooden Legacy w/ Kansas, Virginia, UCLA

11/26-11/29 Xavier - Orlando Invitational w/ Gonzaga, Michigan State, Auburn, Saint Louis, Belmont, Boise State, Siena.

Man, soooo much good basketball between all of those tournaments. According to Jeff Goodman's preseason list, there's 17 of the top 25 teams amongst all these tournaments

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Depaul's tournament is hilarious

Reaction Score
Depaul's tournament is hilarious
Yeah. I follow Grand Canyon because they are my in-law's local team, but when they are the 2nd best program in a tournament, it's a crappy tournament.

But with Bryce Drew as their new coach, three top-300 '20 recruits and three sophomores competing for starting roles, I'm curious about their future.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Basketball Hall of Fame tip off

Two seperate four-team brackets the weekend of 11/21 & 11/22 that will be precluded with in-campus games:

Naismith Bracket: URI/Marquette & UCF/Minnesota

Springfield Bracket: Lehigh/Quinnipiac & Albany/LIU

On campus games:

November 14

University at Albany at Marquette University
November 17
Long Island University at University of Minnesota
November 18
Lehigh University at University of Rhode Island
Quinnipiac University at University of Central Florida
I feel like it’d make more sense for UCF to come to Hamden three days before this event...

Reaction Score
1 through 4. The rest seem meh (and I'd put Sanogo above them).
Why, because of his ranking.
Don't know if you know much about Jyare Davis. Player of the yr in DE, avg about 22ppg Sr yr and was the best player on the same team as Villanova commit Njoku. He was in the top 50 before some injuries and missed AAU sessions. At 6'7 on the wing, who can create, to go along with Greg Gnatt 6'8 sophomore wing (top 60) who emerge late last season, Cooley has something. Not trying to compare but wasn't Donte Divencenso DE player of the yr.

Reaction Score
Just highlights how within the Big East a few teams have cleaned up the '20 class.

Based on the current 247ings, the order would be

# 35 Garcia - Marquette
# 49 Jackson - UConn
# 54 Odom - Xavier
# 67 Andronikashvili - Creighton
# 76 Sanogo - UConn
# 95 Lewis - Marquette
# 99 Sibley - Georgetown
# 103 Wilcher - Xavier
# 118 Kalkbrenner - Creighton
# 120 Ighodaro - Marquette

So this only includes half of the Big East teams.

Overall, out of all the teams, Xavier's haul forecasts as the biggest potential pain in the butt for UConn over the next four years.

Odom is a small, but mighty bulldog who will be a pest on defense and bucket getter in the halfcourt. Wilcher, to me, looks like a matchup nightmare...strongly built shooter with a high IQ, has a bit of an old man YMCA game. Jones looks like a guy who might not be a factor early on, but when putting it all together as an upperclassman he will be one of those do-anything 6'6 210 strong wings, kinda like a Naji Marshall type of guy. All three are good recruits and likely four-year guys too.

Reaction Score
Just highlights how within the Big East a few teams have cleaned up the '20 class.

Based on the current 247ings, the order would be

# 35 Garcia - Marquette
# 49 Jackson - UConn
# 54 Odom - Xavier
# 67 Andronikashvili - Creighton
# 76 Sanogo - UConn
# 95 Lewis - Marquette
# 99 Sibley - Georgetown
# 103 Wilcher - Xavier
# 118 Kalkbrenner - Creighton
# 120 Ighodaro - Marquette

So this only includes half of the Big East teams.

Overall, out of all the teams, Xavier's haul forecasts as the biggest potential pain in the butt for UConn over the next four years.

Odom is a small, but mighty bulldog who will be a pest on defense and bucket getter in the halfcourt. Wilcher, to me, looks like a matchup nightmare...strongly built shooter with a high IQ, has a bit of an old man YMCA game. Jones looks like a guy who might not be a factor early on, but when putting it all together as an upperclassman he will be one of those do-anything 6'6 210 strong wings, kinda like a Naji Marshall type of guy. All three are good recruits and likely four-year guys too.
Odom and kyky are both built and we be a problem if Steele plays them both at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom