Big East next year | The Boneyard

Big East next year

Reaction Score
Villanova- Again will probably reach #1 next year at some point even if Bey leaves. Ish load of players returning.... Robinson (could test the waters) Samuels (test waters) Colin, Moore, Antoine, Swider, Slater, DCR,and not to mention 6'10 Eric Dixon who is not even playing.

Seton Hall- Obviously they lose Powell, Gill and McNight but will but able to compete (If Willard stays and players don't transfer) Ike 7'2 takes Gill's spot, Cale 6'6 picks up some scoring and competes for Defensive player of the year in the BE. Rhoden 6'8 is developing at a fast pace as well as 6'10 freshman Samuel who can shoot it and take his man of the dribble. Nelson steps in as a defensive PG, 6'10 Sandro comes back and for some reason they still have Teauron Thompson in the the roster so they should be solid. Would not be surprised if they flirt in the top 25 range.

Providence- My Friars...... Lose Diallo, White, Young, Holt and chuck and duck Pipkins. I think Duke comes in as a 1st team BE and top 5 player in the league. Reeves should be due for a break out yr and Watson's knee should be fully healthy for a good yr. Gantt 6'8 who has been impressive should continue his development. They add Bynum who should settle right in (please God.....we need a PG) Horchler 6'9 who can stretch the D, Monroe 6'8 (smooth shooter) Jimmy Nichols 6'9 (rangy, long and showed flashes his freshman year) who like Monroe is injured this yr. Add Alyn Breed and Jyare Davis......I think they finish middle of the pack with a chance to win the BET and hopefully a tourney bid.

Creighton- Everyone returns..... Alexander might test the waters. They bring back key pieces in Zeg, Ballock, Mahoney (kid is a beast at 6'5... Creighton sometimes plays him at the 5...can shoot and very good defensively) Bishop (should be a yr better) Jefferson and Shareef Mitchell (who should take the Zeg step in his development). They also bring back Mintz(wildcard) 6'3 who was injured in the preseason to add to their heavy guard attack. They add 6'11 Epperson (I think he is soft but has size and can shoot it) who was injured at the beginning of the season and another Top 100 6'11 big. They should be a top 10-15 team with a chance make a Final Four run.....could be wrong on the Final Four run.

UConn- I am probably going to get bashed, but hey........since they announced you guys coming back I tuned in to alot of UConn games. Read many post and you guys expect alot, even though I think Ollie set the program back just a little. Coming into the Big East UConn should be in good shape, add a shooter or 2 and maybe a solid big Josh Boone/Jeff Adrian type and you guys will be fine in the BE. Akok, should come as a preseason 1st team BE. Bouknight (I swear he has Zach Levine potential) should definitely take the next step. I've read other post and threads that Gilbert might not but back, but if he is, he will be a problem. I like the kid, he has handles, penetrates......has a NY swag to his game. I really like the kid Wilson, he is athletic and has potential. Adams is a really solid player and every team needs someone like him. I Ike Gaffney as well over RJ Cole, he has good size.....looks lost at times but has potential. Top that with the recruiting class and you guys should compete for BE regular season and tournament.......also I think Wilson and Akok on the front line is block city.

Marquette- Lose the almighty Markus Howard....lmao...great player and Amin. Nice recruiting class led by Dawson Garcia ( just named to the AA game) and Justin Lewis(top 100) with a couple transfers. Howard will definitely be missed but Torrance(who is speeding up his development) and Bailey will have to pick up the scoring....add McEwen to that mix. Theo John is still a beast in the middle but a foul proned.....FYI I hate Marquette so I hope they finish at the bottom....can't stand Wojo a** either.

St John's-Mike Anderson is getting killed on the St John's boards, however I think he is doing a nice job. They play scrappy ( kind of reminds me of the old Shaka Smart VCU teams) they lose Heron and I think Figueroa probably transfers..... they will finish at the bottom of the the league. I like Earlington the big....will be a good player, Dunn is good as so Champagne.....just not enough, but I think Mike Anderson can coach them up and they will compete. I can see them beating some BE teams if they come out sleep walking maybe upsetting Nova...... hope I am wrong about St John's.

DePaul-Lose Coleman, I think Reed is out and I hope he leaves. Every board I looked at has him in the 1st Rd 20-30. If he comes back DePaul is a top 25 team. Reed is a monster 6'8 dribbles, steps out, rebounds like crazy, scrappy, plays hard. Charlie Moore is nasty and will take over a game easily and will have you doing the Cha-Cha slide on defensive (ask Nova)....Weems is finally coming along, Butz is a solid big, Cage is a solid piece along side Moore. I think Hall is good, nice size at 6'8 and will be a factor in years to come for them. Also 6'11 Ongenda, this dude is raw......blocks everything....he will be another problem. Not sure how they are doing on the recruiting front but this team plus a Reed return should be a top 25 team and would not be surprised if they win the BET.

Xavier- Lose Tyrique and Goodin. Kyky Tandy (dude can really score.....was out most of the season, he is back now and Balling) steps in. Scruggs and Marshall could test the waters but I think they come back. Add Freemantle (can't stand this kid....but he's a good player... annoying as hell) a nice recruiting class and they should finish in top 3 in the league.....also a top 25 team with a chance to make a run.

Butler- Lose Baldwin.....like him alot, has a different sauce to his game ( I think will have a sneaky NBA career) and McDermott. Thompson PG is back... defensive monster and controls tempo. Nze could transfer, who knows but solid in the post and rebounds. Golden (he is on the list with Freemantle...cant stand him) 6'9 can step out. I think Tucker and Battle(real good potential....will up his scoring next season) pick up scoring. If the defense stays the same they too should flirt in the top 25 and a chance to win the BET. Hard to get a win at Hinkle

Georgetown-This is probably the hardest team to read in the BE. McClung and Pickett are all BE player types, but are inconsistent. Blair came in with a little hype but has not lived up to it. Wahab the 7 ft freshman is ahead of schedule and Ewing has another 6'11 big he is stashing I guess. I guess you can say Georgetown can probably beat any in the BE....jury is out.

Again love this boneyard board

Reaction Score
The biggest mistake A.J. Reeves apparently made was committing to Providence instead of Nova. If you were one of his handlers would you have advised a mid year transfer to somewhere like Louisville or even Virginia (his other finalists) assuming scholarships were open?

It doesn't appear that ED's vaunted FLEX offense is showcasing his skills. You always have to take coaching into consideration when forecasting teams. Don't you have five 4*'s (one frosh) on the current roster and the 106th best offense in the country?

I mean Pipkins was All-A10 last year right? He also shot close to 43% from downtown one year @ UMASS. Ed couldn't do anything with Makai or his replacement Pipkins. I know some PC fans that were expecting a run to the 2nd weekend of the tourney this year.

If PC doesn't make the tourney with this talented roster look no further than...

ED for the reason why.

Reaction Score
cheers on the unexpected turnaround. no one saw that coming after the OOC portion of the schedule

Reaction Score
The biggest mistake A.J. Reeves apparently made was committing to Providence instead of Nova. If you were one of his handlers would you have advised a mid year transfer to somewhere like Louisville or even Virginia (his other finalists) assuming scholarships were open?

It doesn't appear that ED's vaunted FLEX offense is showcasing his skills. You always have to take coaching into consideration when forecasting teams. Don't you have five 4*'s on the current roster and the 106th best offense in the country?

I mean Pipkins was All-A10 last year right? He also shot close to 43% from downtown one year @ UMASS. Ed couldn't do anything with Makai or his replacement Pipkins. I know some PC fans that were expecting a run to the 2nd weekend of the tourney this year.

If PC doesn't make the tourney with this talented roster look no further than...

ED for the reason why.
PC not only runs the flex, they also have different sets they run for Reeves when he is in the game. They also run a set out of the flex where they screen down and he goes out to the three point line....trust me I've seen every game. They have alot of different sets. Also Cooley is one of the best at out of timeout plays. The thing with Reeves is he is not shooting the ball well this year.....had some flashes....clutch shots but has not been consistent. Also he is kind of a liability on defense. Pipkins still things what he did in the A10 can fly in the BE.....he got a wake-up call, that's why Cooley rolls with White, who actually is playing good this year. As far as Makai.... could not shoot and just dribble the ball at the top of the key.....no penetration..... nothing....lazy on defense and just had this cocky demeanor to him.....trust me UConn is better with Gilbert. I agree with you the roster is tournament worthy, and have been in every game so far in the BE.....would not be surprised if they win the BET......not a stretch

Reaction Score
PC not only runs the flex, they also have different sets they run for Reeves when he is in the game. They also run a set out of the flex where they screen down and he goes out to the three point line....trust me I've seen every game. They have alot of different sets. Also Cooley is one of the best at out of timeout plays. The thing with Reeves is he is not shooting the ball well this year.....had some flashes....clutch shots but has not been consistent. Also he is kind of a liability on defense. Pipkins still things what he did in the A10 can fly in the BE.....he got a wake-up call, that's why Cooley rolls with White, who actually is playing good this year. As far as Makai.... could not shoot and just dribble the ball at the top of the key.....no penetration..... nothing....lazy on defense and just had this cocky demeanor to him.....trust me UConn is better with Gilbert. I agree with you the roster is tournament worthy, and have been in every game so far in the BE.....would not be surprised if they win the BET......not a stretch
I grew up around the old school Friars. You didn't answer my questions :). Those out of time out plays are certainly something to hang your hat on. You mean after a 10-0 run by opponents?

Thanks for the break down of the teams. I enjoyed reading. Good luck vs Nova tomorrow. Must win for ya.

Reaction Score
Marquette- Lose the almighty Markus Howard....lmao...great player and Amin. Nice recruiting class led by Dawson Garcia ( just named to the AA game) and Justin Lewis(top 100) with a couple transfers. Howard will definitely be missed but Torrance(who is speeding up his development) and Bailey will have to pick up the scoring....add McEwen to that mix. Theo John is still a beast in the middle but a foul proned.....FYI I hate Marquette so I hope they finish at the bottom....can't stand Wojo a** either.

Juuuuust a few corrections here.

Anim, not Amin.

Next year's class includes the above and another top 100 Osasere Ighodaro, and supposed front runner for borderline 5* Karim Mane. Howard will indeed be sorely missed, but if Karim Mane commits it would be an immediate replacement.

Torrence is a top 50 freshman this year and looking extremely sharp offensively, and coming along on D. He'll be ready for major minutes next year, but probably not as a huge scorer. Bailey is a future NBA player shooting almost 40% from 3 and is a extremely versatile on both ends of the court, expect him to be major leader next year.

Theo John is a BEAST and has finally started to turn the corner on fouling. He can go a game without fouling out now anyway. :)

I have to question the Wojo part though... he's a total class act and really stand up guy who runs a clean program with high character recruits. I've heard complaints about his coaching ability, but surprised by the can't stand him part!

Reaction Score
If both naji and scruggs come back, we'll be really, really good. If not we could struggle. those two decisions are super important this offseason. they're both a year older, so they may be anxious to move on.

Reaction Score
Juuuuust a few corrections here.

Anim, not Amin.

Next year's class includes the above and another top 100 Osasere Ighodaro, and supposed front runner for borderline 5* Karim Mane. Howard will indeed be sorely missed, but if Karim Mane commits it would be an immediate replacement.

Torrence is a top 50 freshman this year and looking extremely sharp offensively, and coming along on D. He'll be ready for major minutes next year, but probably not as a huge scorer. Bailey is a future NBA player shooting almost 40% from 3 and is a extremely versatile on both ends of the court, expect him to be major leader next year.

Theo John is a BEAST and has finally started to turn the corner on fouling. He can go a game without fouling out now anyway. :)

I have to question the Wojo part though... he's a total class act and really stand up guy who runs a clean program with high character recruits. I've heard complaints about his coaching ability, but surprised by the can't stand him part!
My bad alot of typos but hey.....agree with you on Torrence and Bailey mixed with that class coming in. As far as Wojo...... definitely a stand up guy and does run a clean program, I just can't stand him from his Duke days.

Reaction Score
Creighton- Everyone returns..... Alexander might test the waters. They bring back key pieces in Zeg, Ballock, Mahoney (kid is a beast at 6'5... Creighton sometimes plays him at the 5...can shoot and very good defensively) Bishop (should be a yr better) Jefferson and Shareef Mitchell (who should take the Zeg step in his development). They also bring back Mintz(wildcard) 6'3 who was injured in the preseason to add to their heavy guard attack. They add 6'11 Epperson (I think he is soft but has size and can shoot it) who was injured at the beginning of the season and another Top 100 6'11 big. They should be a top 10-15 team with a chance make a Final Four run.....could be wrong on the Final Four run.

If everyone comes back next season will be the best Creighton squad since the 16-17 team(which I will go to my grave believing was a final 4 team if Watson doesn't tear his ACL midseason).

It will be interesting to see what Mintz does, he will be eligible for a grad transfer and the guard rotation will be tight. If he does come back Creighton will have 4 guards with over 70 starts each, which I feel is insane for CBB especially considering they are all recruits, not transfers.

I have heard some things about Epperson potentially not being able to play again. Apparently his injury this preseason was as brutal as it gets, who knows what if anything we get out of him.

One more addition for next season is a 6'6" transfer from Memphis that was a 4* out of high school will be eligible. It should be a really deep roster next season.

Reaction Score
If everyone comes back next season will be the best Creighton squad since the 16-17 team(which I will go to my grave believing was a final 4 team if Watson doesn't tear his ACL midseason).

It will be interesting to see what Mintz does, he will be eligible for a grad transfer and the guard rotation will be tight. If he does come back Creighton will have 4 guards with over 70 starts each, which I feel is insane for CBB especially considering they are all recruits, not transfers.

I have heard some things about Epperson potentially not being able to play again. Apparently his injury this preseason was as brutal as it gets, who knows what if anything we get out of him.

One more addition for next season is a 6'6" transfer from Memphis that was a 4* out of high school will be eligible. It should be a really deep roster next season.
If Watson's doesn't get injured.... Creighton def makes a run, but they will definitely have a team next year. I'm a huge fan of Mahoney.....kid is real good

Reaction Score
We are really going to struggle next year.
I disagree. Next year UConn makes the NCAA Tournament. The close games we are losing this year will be wins with R.J. Cole. Maybe you are referring to Prov.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom