Big East Films | The Boneyard

Big East Films

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
what can they possibly put in a DePaul episode ?
Mark Aguirre & Terry Cummings.

Three years, one final four as a Cinderella followed by two consecutive first round exits as the top seed.

Reaction Score
I love the shot that they took at the 30 for 30 that pretty much ignored UConn
Not even speaking from the perspective of a UConn fan, the 30 for 30 was poorly done. It just focused mostly on the 80s if I recall correctly with emphasis on Georgetown and Syracuse (not much about Nova and St. John's). It was like the 90s and 2000s didn't exist where UConn dominated those decades.

Reaction Score
Not even speaking from the perspective of a UConn fan, the 30 for 30 was poorly done. It just focused mostly on the 80s if I recall correctly with emphasis on Georgetown and Syracuse (not much about Nova and St. John's). It was like the 90s and 2000s didn't exist where UConn dominated those decades.
it did nothing but add insult to injury

Reaction Score
Loved Holloway's interview. Big East toughness. All these other conferences are soft!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I guess I'm a grumpy old bastard - I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes on Nova, G'town, SJ, the Hall and PC. (And the good guys, of course). But I have no desire to learn about a bunch of midwest schools' illustrious path to the Big East.

And get off my lawn.

Yet, I'll probably watch at least part of them anyway, because Big East...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because it fit ESPN's narrative of the big east dying of old age rather than being eviscerated by ESPN funded raids.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Because it fit ESPN's narrative of the big east dying of old age rather than being eviscerated by ESPN funded raids.
Not exactly, although that may have been a contributing factor for ESPN displaying it as prominently as they did.

It was put together primarily by a Georgetown grad and was designed to show the world that conference became something because of what the catholic schools did in the 1980's. It also let the world know how they were screwed (at least in their opinions) by schools chasing football dollars (although they had no problem cashing checks that were provided primarily by football playing members).

CL82

Reaction Score
Not exactly, although that may have been a contributing factor for ESPN displaying it as prominently as they did.

It was put together primarily by a Georgetown grad and was designed to show the world that conference became something because of what the catholic schools did in the 1980's. It also let the world know how they were screwed (at least in their opinions) by schools chasing football dollars (although they had no problem cashing checks that were provided primarily by football playing members).
This is the first time I've heard this. It's tough to understand why a Georgetown grad would want to say that the Conference it was of member of is dead.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
This is the first time I've heard this. It's tough to understand why a Georgetown grad would want to say that the Conference it was of member of is dead.
The point of the 30 for 30 was to proclaim that it wasn't dead, despite what most talking heads believed would be the end result. They used the success from the 1980's as the focal point of the presentation and then attempted to paint it as their benevolence towards the football faction was what led to the mess that threatened the future of the non-football programs.

That it was developed during the first year after the split and was released after the selection show on 2014 (the NBE believed they demonstrated superiority to the AAC, attempting to claim they won) was a little added attempt to twist the fork.

We (slightly) derailed that a bit by winning yet another title (whole knocking off their flagship along the way).

CL82

Reaction Score
The point of the 30 for 30 was to proclaim that it wasn't dead, despite what most talking heads believed would be the end result. They used the success from the 1980's as the focal point of the presentation and then attempted to paint it as their benevolence towards the football faction was what led to the mess that threatened the future of the non-football programs.

That it was developed during the first year after the split and was released after the selection show on 2014 (the NBE believed they demonstrated superiority to the AAC, attempting to claim they won) was a little added attempt to twist the fork.

We (slightly) derailed that a bit by winning yet another title (whole knocking off their flagship along the way).
And yet a Requiem is a mass for the dead. Why name something that if you're core point is that it isn't dead. Similarly, if the point you were trying to make is that the big east success continues, why would you not talk about its successes in the last 20 years?

The point, at least to me seem to be "chasing football killed this conference, not us (ESPN), even though we paid for it to be raided repeatedly."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom