Big East eliminates Intraconference Transfer Policy | The Boneyard

Big East eliminates Intraconference Transfer Policy

Reaction Score
Should have happened right away but glad it got done. The landscape has changed dramatically,.

Reaction Score
It's about time they got with the 21st century. Not that I think we're adding a transfer but the uncommitted Big East players

Antwann Jones - Creighton
KyKy Tandy - Xavier
Jeff Ngandu - Seton Hall
Jamari Sibley - Georgetown

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's about time they got with the 21st century. Not that I think we're adding a transfer but the uncommitted Big East players

Antwann Jones - Creighton
KyKy Tandy - Xavier
Jeff Ngandu - Seton Hall
Jamari Sibley - Georgetown
Pretty sure KyKy went back to Xaiver.

Reaction Score
Given the geography of the Big East, where many players’ hometowns are near other Big East schools, this figures to have a major effect on the league. For instance, if a New York or New Jersey athlete is unhappy playing at a Big East school, and St. John’s or Seton Hall has an open scholarship ... plenty of more player movement could ensue.

Free access article:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Funny, the argument used to be why should a kid be tied to a school or have to sit a year when a coach who recruited them can just leave (contracts do have some conditions). Now the players will have way more freedom than the coaches who invest a lot of effort and expense to land a prize. I know I’m old fashioned, and it’s the new era, so who’s to say one way is better than another, but it doesn’t feel like the new way does much for continuity in a program.

Reaction Score
lol most of the guys on our rosters aren't "1 and done's", and most of college basketball for that matter. If it weren't for RJ Cole and Tyrese Martin this year, idk where our season would've ended up.
It was sarcasm. This new policy is a pretty bad idea though. The concept of building a team or a program is certainly over. I suspect lots of kids who were mid-major prospects will get screwed. Borderline major programs will too. And the quality of play will just be awful. It has already declined. But it might be heading toward unwatchable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom