Big East dead? Aresco says: 'Nonsense' | The Boneyard

Big East dead? Aresco says: 'Nonsense'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we got a fighter on our hands.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/p...onsense?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Big East commissioner Mike Aresco talked before the USF-Rutgers game, and came out with a simple message to all the critics who have declared the league dead with the departure of Notre Dame.

"Complete nonsense," he said. "First of all. I've read some of the articles. Some have been fair, others haven't been fair. We have a great basketball conference. Notre Dame -- we enjoy having the relationship -- but when you have Louisville, Cincinnati, Marquette, and UConn and Georgetown and Villanova and an up and coming St. John's, the possibility of DePaul doing well in Chicago, and adding Memphis and Temple, two strong programs. ... When you have all that, how can anybody argue we aren't top to bottom the best basketball conference in the country? We're right up there.
"We know we have a strong future" even without Notre Dame, Big East commissioner Mike Aresco said.​
"When you lose a team there's always some comment and that's fine. We know we have a strong future, and we also know we've reconstituted our football and we've added some outstanding teams. The old Big East in football was a very good conference, but it didn't have a Boise, which has a national appeal, it didn't have range, it didn't have the Texas schools. We have a bright outlook, and I'm going to make that point. What we don't want to do is let a narrative take over that might simply be inaccurate. It is simply inaccurate."

You want more? You get more.

"We all know when you take some hits, you have to deal with it," Aresco said. "We're dealing with it. We're dealing with it in a straightforward way. We have a positive outlook, a positive future and really that's it."

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If he can somehow get us a workable TV contact and and access to a bigger bowl game, then the BE won't be going anywhere.

What the rest of the Big 6 teams don't know yet is that a lot of them will find a new life in the bottom half of their expanded leagues. Hi, BC.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104