Big East Conference Bylaws (PDF) | The Boneyard

Big East Conference Bylaws (PDF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I read them a year or so ago... I might take a peek this weekend again to see if anything has changed. Essentially, dissolving the conference takes a 2/3 majority vote by "full members" - football onlies have no say from what I recall.

Reaction Score
Scanned through it and it reads just like most media outlets explained the situation, Temple is considered an affiliate member for now so therefore does not have a vote, that leaves Uconn, Cincy, USF and the 7 catholics as voters. That gives them enough votes to dissolve the league and it sounds like the manner in which the assets of the league are divided (I am assuming the name and NCAA tourney bid are part of the assets) is just put up to a majority vote. So in other words the name and bid is leaving with the BB schools.

Something I found interesting when reading the article was the part about the withdrawl fee, Air Force was mentioned and it sounded like the conference really thought they were going to be a member. Guess I didnt realize that they were actually that close to joining.

Reaction Score
Article 1.01 Purposes. The Conference is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the "Code") to assist its Members in the administration of intercollegiate athletics programs in accordance with the highest standards of education, sportsmanship and healthy athletic competition compatible with resource allocation while allowing a degree of institutional flexibility. (emphasis added)

Bullsh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104