Big east bid hypothetical | The Boneyard

Big east bid hypothetical

Reaction Score
Let’s say Xavier were to lose tonight, that would leave St John’s in 4th place (10-9, 16-10 overall),
Seton hall 5th (10-9, 13-12 overall), Providence 6th (9-10, 13-12 overall), and Xavier 7th (6-7, 13-7 overall).

How many bids would the big east get in this scenario and which teams get in? It would be so bad for the big east to only get 3 bids, but Seton Hall and Xavier(if they lose tonight) have played their way out with losses today. These teams still have the BET of course, but as it stands now, we may be looking at 3 bids for the league unless one of them makes a run. Personally I feel Xavier and St John’s have the best chance at a run in the BET and best chance at a bid.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
BE would only get 3 and deservedly so. After UConn, the resumes just aren't there. Xavier should get in with a win but a loss to Marquette would kill them.

Reaction Score
I want Providence as the 6 over Seton Hall, so screw Xavier. Let's go Marquette.

Even in the WIN today, Providence scored 0.85 points per possession. They only had 5 guys score (we had 6 in double figures today!) and really only played 6. It's a two man team. Perfect team to play on the 2nd day of a back to back.

Reaction Score
After Xavier self destructed the Big East is a 3 bid league. Look at there finish and it’s actually pretty hard to say Xavier was deserving even before last night’s collapse. I will say that Villanova, Creighton and UConn are all deserving though Villanova is going to drop pretty far given their injury situation. So if a dark horse were to win the tourney and take the auto bid there would likely be 4.

Reaction Score
depends what Hall can do. if they beat SJU and the winner of nova/gtown maybe they can go from first 4 out to last 4 in. there's room with xavier's and duke's bubbles bursting. hopefully BE can get 4 bids.

edit- gtowns win probably hurts halls chances. they would have liked a quad 1 win over nova

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After Xavier self destructed the Big East is a 3 bid league. Look at there finish and it’s actually pretty hard to say Xavier was deserving even before last night’s collapse. I will say that Villanova, Creighton and UConn are all deserving though Villanova is going to drop pretty far given their injury situation. So if a dark horse were to win the tourney and take the auto bid there would likely be 4.

Its crazy. As if everything had to go wrong to spoil UConn's exciting return to the league... add the possibility of 3 bids to the list

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom