Big East Basketball's "Last Hurrah" | The Boneyard

Big East Basketball's "Last Hurrah"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I just took a look at the conference standings before we enter into league play, and I saw that there isn't one team....not one....in this fifteen team league that doesn't have at least 8 wins and isn't at least 4 games over 0.500:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...tandings/_/id/4/year/2013/big-east-conference

Hell, even DePaul and South Florida are pulling their weight! As a lifelong fan of UConn hoops, It's going to be sad to see this thing go away. But man, was it crazy good while it lasted. I hope that something can be done to allow us to play in the Big East tournament one last time...

Reaction Score
Yup. These next 2 months will be very nostalgic. I really hope we can play in the BET but even if we cant, i think ill make it a point to go to the Championship game this year. I want to experience the real "Big East Tournament" one last time at MSG.

Reaction Score
anyone know why a few schools have 13 OOC games while UConn will only play 12?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
anyone know why a few schools have 13 OOC games while UConn will only play 12?

I've got a better question; how on earth has Notre Dame managed to play 13 games at home and NONE on the road??? Holy crap, what a schedule! We are almost in January and they haven't played a road game....incredible...

EDIT: My apologies. Three of the games were neutral site and were not in South Bend. Still, that means they have yet to play in another team's house....wow...

Reaction Score
I've got a better question; how on earth has Notre Dame managed to play 13 games at home and NONE on the road??? Holy crap, what a schedule! We are almost in January and they haven't played a road game....incredible...

EDIT: My apologies. Three of the games were neutral site and were not in South Bend. Still, that means they have yet to play in another team's house....wow...
UConn has yet to play a true"away game" either. 5 neutral sites (Germany, 3 USVI, and MsG) the rest at home. First road test is at Marquette.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
UConn has yet to play a true"away game" either. 5 neutral sites (Germany, 3 USVI, and MsG) the rest at home. First road test is at Marquette.

That's true. My fault. I guess it was the sheer volume of how many we've played elsewhere that threw me off (more than 1/3). Alright then, I can't bitch at ND....for this one...;)

Reaction Score
We will lose a couple of teams this year but the BE will still be very good the next year and maybe two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom