Big East 0-2 vs ACC | The Boneyard

Big East 0-2 vs ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seton Hall lost to Louisville 70-71
#3 Nova lost to Virginia Tech 73-81

Reaction Score
Villanova is not particularly good. Very slow on defense and not nearly s athletic as past teams. Paul is a pretty lousy go-to guy. he I can't jump, struggles to beat guys off dribble and can't defend the basket at all. I'm shocked anyone thinks he is. NBA first rounder. Maybe they re missing rotation guys to COVID or injury but right now they re a six person team at most. Wright will figure it out and they'll be better, but if this is third best team in college basketball, then college basketball is BAD

Reaction Score
Villanova is not particularly good. Very slow on defense and not nearly s athletic as past teams. Paul is a pretty lousy go-to guy. he I can't jump, struggles to beat guys off dribble and can't defend the basket at all. I'm shocked anyone thinks he is. NBA first rounder. Maybe they re missing rotation guys to COVID or injury but right now they re a six person team at most. Wright will figure it out and they'll be better, but if this is third best team in college basketball, then college basketball is BAD
Nova is missing their starting shooting guard and projected first round pick Bryan Antoine

Reaction Score
Not great. Seeding this year is going to be heavily dependent on how the conference does in it's few OOC games.
I mean not really if anything you’ll see a lot less mid majors and more power conference teams bc of lack of OCC so if anything it’s not as important this year if you’re a power team then most. Also it’s early and big 12 games will be huge if the Big East can split with them. Now if they lose most of them then yeah that might be an issue. All UConn needs to do is win their own OCC schedule. And win I’d say 70+% of big east games or more to be safe.

Reaction Score
The Villanova/Virginia Tech game was back and forth all game.

Virginia Tech is a very easy team to root for as their energy and toughness is endearing. It's really cool to see Mike Young get a chance in the ACC after nearly two decades at Wofford.

A guard-heavy team, but they are tough and rebound well for their size. Just a sophomore, Tyrese Radford is the heart and soul of the Hokies: listed at 6'2 200, but attacks the rim hard, pesters on D and one of the best rebounding guards I've ever seen.

Last year, Virginia Tech's issue was their lack of size, often starting 6'5 PJ Horne at center, but with Wofford transfer 6'9 Keve Aluma has been fantastic, averaging 21 points in his first two games while 6'7 Delaware transfer Justyn Mutts can do a little bit of everything.

No doubt Virginia Tech will be a team I follow and root for this season.

Reaction Score
Nova is missing their starting shooting guard and projected first round pick Bryan Antoine
No excuses! We are anxious for BA to return but we are plenty deep to play without him. We picked up this last minute game when Temple had to drop out. Play anyone anywhere. It’s ok to lose and grow early in the season.

Reaction Score
Where's Zissou, trying to restart Nova's division one football program?
Nova and Florida are the two programs over the last 20 years that have won Division 1 national championships in both football and basketball.

Reaction Score
I won’t worry about OOC match ups, probably at all this year. If there is a normal NCAA tournament I think past performance and brand will hold just as much weight as OOC. In other words, top 5-6 of Big East and were in.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
No excuses! We are anxious for BA to return but we are plenty deep to play without him. We picked up this last minute game when Temple had to drop out. Play anyone anywhere. It’s ok to lose and grow early in the season.
Curious - what is the nova consensus on Cole Swider?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
IMO, Tyler Polley = Cole Swider.

Big guards who don't contribute much unless they are hitting 3s.
He’s 6’9” without an above average handle, he’s definitely a forward. But agreed that his offense tends to be 3 or nothing and more often the latter.

Reaction Score
He’s 6’9” without an above average handle, he’s definitely a forward. But agreed that his offense tends to be 3 or nothing and more often the latter.

You do realize that you’ve now ensured he hits like 6 of 8 against us ?

Reaction Score
Curious - what is the nova consensus on Cole Swider?
Pure stroke, hasn’t reached his potential yet. Has improved as a defender which may have been his biggest weakness as an incoming Frosh. In Jay’s system you have to learn the D first to get PT. Good role player.

Reaction Score
He can put the ball in the floor and go to the rim. Since his 3 has to be respected, the pump fake and drive is a weapon if the D is crowding the perimeter.

Reaction Score
VT was picked as preseason #11 in the ACC (ahead of Pitt, Notre Dame, BC, and Wake) ....but this season will be weird....

If basketball goes the way of football...expect cancelled games, missing players, etc.

Reaction Score
One Big East win over the ACC occurred last evening (Monday 11/30) with the Johnnies defeating Boston College

St. John's 97
Boston College 93

Reaction Score
Nova and Florida are the two programs over the last 20 years that have won Division 1 national championships in both football and basketball.

Lol. I see what you did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104