Big Conference Game | The Boneyard

Big Conference Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tues night if Temple could beat Nova on the road, I know it's not asking much but then maybe the moons align and we beat them down the road....

Reaction Score
Stop worrying about our conference mates.
Stop worrying about who they play.
Stop worrying about how well they do.
Stop worrying about our SoS.

That kind of talk is for teams looking for an optimal at-large bid for the NCAA tournament, which is already well beyond the reality this year's team is facing. This season, barring a conference tournament run, is essentially over in that regard. All this team should focus on is improving as much as possible for March to the end of said exception for our fate, hopefully play a meaningful game or two in the NIT should they fail, and focus on next season.

Reaction Score
I don't really think this team has no chance of getting at at-large bid. Though I do generally agree with the sentiment above, the last thing on anyone's mind should be Temple beating Nova. Our one and only concern should be figuring out how to win the AAC regular season with 8 players. That, along with a decent run in the tourney, and a win against Georgetown, would probably get them at at-large bid. Regardless of what any other AAC teams do.

Plus Temple has been tanking their annual Nova games the last few years. I expect more of the same tomorrow. But you never know with those Owls...

Reaction Score
I disagree. Nova is likely to bomb Temple but in an unlikely scenario that they win our conference gets helped. We'll worry about if it means something to us later if we beat them. Look at the AAC schedules, then look at the ranked teams that plays all of us, it's minimal compared to the ACC or Big 10. I'm rooting for ANY team in the AAC to beat teams with numbers by their names in other conferences. This ain't about worrying, it's something to root for on Tues nite.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jibs - did you mean to say this? Tues night if Temple could beat Nova on the road, I know it's not asking much
I hope you mean it was asking a lot
Nova is awesome BUT I don't think they will win the enchilada again - missing Archie is huge and some team with a huge front line will be their downfall

Reaction Score
Jibs - did you mean to say this? Tues night if Temple could beat Nova on the road, I know it's not asking much
I hope you mean it was asking a lot
Nova is awesome BUT I don't think they will win the enchilada again - missing Archie is huge and some team with a huge front line will be their downfall
Yeah it's asking a lot, but if Temple can get this done they are number 6 no matter how good they (nova) really are. A lot of the rankings are bogus, numbers and perception. Just looking for any sunshine that can benefit the AAC.

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like that sun is gonna shine today. Donny Marshall does a nice job.

Reaction Score
Don't worry. Temple will be avenged. By UConn. We will make the tourney as a 10 seed. Nova will get a 2 seed. And UConn will be in the sweet 16 and Nova will go home. And all will be right with the world.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how one looks at it), UConn will have to win the the AAC Tournament to make the Big Dance.

As a father of two boys under the age of 4, I need to record UConn games and avoid all media until I can watch. You think I can follow any other college basketball? HA!!

UConn needing to win the conference reduces the season to about a week.

Reaction Score
How is everyone is so sure we need to win the conference to make the tournament? It would sure be nice to win it. But there are still a bunch of ways to make the NCAA tourney without winning the AAC tourney.

Temple last year:
Started season 4-5
Finished AAC with loss to UConn: 21-11
Tourney seed: 11

Tulsa last year:
Started season 7-4, lost to Little Rock, Oral Roberts, and Oregon State
Finished AAC with blowout to Memphis 20-11

Things definitely need to turn around in a hurry, and they need to put a run of 6-7 straight wins together. But the perspective of doom and gloom is a little much. The AAC season has not started. Winning the regular season would certainly be one way to get in.

Reaction Score
How is everyone is so sure we need to win the conference to make the tournament? It would sure be nice to win it. But there are still a bunch of ways to make the NCAA tourney without winning the AAC tourney.

Temple last year:
Started season 4-5
Finished AAC with loss to UConn: 21-11

Tulsa last year:
Started season 7-4, lost to Little Rock, Oral Roberts, and Oregon State
Finished AAC with blowout to Memphis 20-11

Things definitely need to turn around in a hurry, and they need to put a run of 6-7 straight wins together. But the perspective of doom and gloom is a little much. The AAC season has not started. Winning the regular season would certainly be one way to get in.
Probably because a lot of people think it's hard to see the 6-7 straight wins thing happening based upon the level at which we play. Our last 6 game winning streak was probably the NCAA tournament games.

I could see us being a half decent team by February - March if things start to click for the freshman, but I think we'll accumulate way too many losses getting to that point to ever get an at-large bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom