Big Changes To Redshirt Rules Could Be Coming | The Boneyard

Big Changes To Redshirt Rules Could Be Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

Hmm, I wonder if it would/could be applied retroactively to all players currently on a roster?

Reaction Score
Hmm, I wonder if it would/could be applied retroactively to all players currently on a roster?
It should apply to all currently enrolled student athletes. Great rule change....

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So that would basically allow all redshirting players to be eligible to play at the beginning of November of their freshman year without using up a year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Dopey rule to me. I'd be ok with some minimal play. Gut shouldn't lose a season getting injured in game 1. But 33% of the season seems a lot. This seems like one of those solutions in search of a problem. If you are going to do it skip the silliness and just let guys play 5 years.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dopey rule to me. I'd be ok with some minimal play. Gut shouldn't lose a season getting injured in game 1. But 33% of the season seems a lot. This seems like one of those solutions in search of a problem. If you are going to do it skip the silliness and just let guys play 5 years.
A basketball player is eligible for a redshirt if they play in less than 9 games. The regular basketball season isn't much longer than 27 contests. Rule is probably in proposed for equality purposes.

Reaction Score

Maybe shooting for 4 games but only end up with 2 or a percentage of plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox