Big boy rebounding article | The Boneyard

Big boy rebounding article

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sounds a lot like Charles Barkely's rebounding philosophy.

rebounding.jpg

Reaction Score
It's a lot easy for other teams to get the boards after we shoot because we don't send multiple players to the offensive glass. There is rarely more than one Husky there. The priority is to get back as fast as we can because our transition defense hasn't been good.

When the Huskies are on defense, the opponent can crash the boards with as many dudes as they want because our fast break doesn't scare anyone.

It's tough to be us.

Reaction Score
Yeah we definitely have to crash boards from all sides .. it should always be 3 to the glass when we shoot .. I was taught when you shoot always follow ya shot as a kid but once I got up in hs the coach told us if u shoot u get back and depending on what side the shot is coming from, the players on opposite side crashes
But you mostly need toughness n heart

Reaction Score
Yeah we definitely have to crash boards from all sides .. it should always be 3 to the glass when we shoot .. I was taught when you shoot always follow ya shot as a kid but once I got up in hs the coach told us if u shoot u get back and depending on what side the shot is coming from, the players on opposite side crashes
But you mostly need toughness n heart
Nobody goes for the ball after a shot, but in fairness we don’t have a Rashard.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The problem that infuriates me the most is for our players to chuck 3s with no team mates at all in anything close to rebounding position. When you're playing with 4 perimeter players and one big, and you use the big to come out an set a screen, somebody else -- preferably two perimeter players -- should replace him in the paint. It ain't rocket science. It's common sense.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The problem that infuriates me the most is for our players to chuck 3s with no team mates at all in anything close to rebounding position. When you're playing with 4 perimeter players and one big, and you use the big to come out an set a screen, somebody else -- preferably two perimeter players -- should replace him in the paint. It ain't rocket science. It's common sense.
Its our version of positionless basketball - no one plays a position

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom