Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a lineup for the 14 November:
1. #3 UCONN vs. #12 FL St
2. #8 TX vs #11 Stanford
3. #4 SC vs. #7 OH St
4. #9 UCLA vs. #2 Baylor
5. #20 FL vs Chattanooga

All should be exciting games: My picks are UCONN, TX, SC, Baylor and FL (I know I'm just going with the rankings, but I agree with the rankings for these match ups). What are yours?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The SC vs Ohio St should be the most interesting. I am really looking forward to seeing how the new players mix in at SC.

I predict that UCONN blows FSU away and that Texas beasts Stanford convincingly.

Reaction Score
UConn
Texas
South Carolina
UCLA
Chattanooga

on edit: sorry easttexas...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UConn
Texas
South Carolina
UCLA
Chattanooga

on edit: sorry easttexas...

It's OK. You have to pick an upset or two. Monday night should tell us a lot about what to expect from Baylor this season.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
At Ohio State and at Stanford could be tough wins and I'll go for another upset with Chattanooga prevailing.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Checking the UCLA roster they appear to only have one big who provided any significant playing time and points last season. I am not sure that UCLA is prepared to face the Baylor productivity in the paint.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
With all of those early top 20 match ups (which I just love), There are going to be some surprises, just like there was today in college football with 2 teams (Clemson & Washington) in the top 4 losing.

I'd like to see at least half of each of all those games. I'll have to watch as many as I can on demand afterwards. It's hard for me to predict a winner because we haven't seen them yet against a quality opponent yet. However....I'll go with: UConn, Texas, South Carolina, Baylor & Chattanooga. We'll know a lot more about these teams late Monday evening.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What a lineup for the 14 November:
1. #3 UCONN vs. #12 FL St
2. #8 TX vs #11 Stanford
3. #4 SC vs. #7 OH St
4. #9 UCLA vs. #2 Baylor
5. #20 FL vs Chattanooga

All should be exciting games: My picks are UCONN, TX, SC, Baylor and FL (I know I'm just going with the rankings, but I agree with the rankings for these match ups). What are yours?

THESE are the kinds of match ups I want to see early in the season. I can't/don't get excited when a top 15 team plays a cupcake/twinkie, and beats them by 30. Then afterwards the coach boasts about how well his/her team played. Please, gimme a break. :mad:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm worried about opening at Ohio State with 3 new starters, but it's basketball; an early loss doesn't really hurt.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I hope you all have the Big Ten Network Plus subscription.... that's the only way you'll be watching Ohio State vs. South Carolina... unless you plan to make the trip to Columbus.

Ugh. What a shame.

Reaction Score
I'm worried about opening at Ohio State with 3 new starters, but it's basketball; an early loss doesn't really hurt.

it will be an easy win for USC. The Ohio State plays very little defense. And their outside shooting is at best, streaky.

Reaction Score

Idk why your so "Worried" Kelsey Mitchell shot 2-9 from 3 Calhoun 3-8 and cooper 0-5 with most of their post players in foul trouble they should be more worried because they'll have a hard time defending Wilson,Coates, and Herbert-Harrigan.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I hope you all have the Big Ten Network Plus subscription.... that's the only way you'll be watching Ohio State vs. South Carolina... unless you plan to make the trip to Columbus.

Ugh. What a shame.
Here we have an example of the importance of 5th-grade geography. Driving to the wrong city for this game would be embarrassing. And costly.

Reaction Score
it will be an easy win for USC. The Ohio State plays very little defense. And their outside shooting is at best, streaky.

Thank you.. they shot it horribly against Duquesne. Mitchell, Calhoun, and Cooper combined for 5-26 from BTA if they shoot like that tomorrow SC will roll. Mavunga despite having a double double had 4 fouls if she fouls out tomorrow Coates and Wilson will have a field day.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Ugh. What a shame.

I'm a Sling subscriber, and I now get most of the channels of interest to avid CBB fans, including all the ESPN channels, the Pac-12 networks, and the SEC network. But not the Big Ten Network. Lots of games I'll be missing. Shame.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Here we have an example of the importance of 5th-grade geography. Driving to the wrong city for this game would be embarrassing. And costly.

You should probably do your research before trying to be message board clever.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You should probably do your research before trying to be message board clever.
Research? As in knowing it's Columbia, South Carolina versus Columbus, Ohio? Knew that. Since 5th-grade.

Wasn't going for clever. Was going for levity, based on the similar but different names.

Guess it backfired.

Reaction Score
Hard to beat Stanford in Palo Alto and if Texas wins there they deserve a lot of credit.That is where Uconn last lost prior to their current long winning streak.Uconn's 90 game winning streak ended there and very few opponent victories come out of that building.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Hard to beat Stanford in Palo Alto and if Texas wins there they deserve a lot of credit.That is where Uconn last lost prior to their current long winning streak.Uconn's 90 game winning streak ended there and very few opponent victories come out of that building.
Winning on the road in your season opening game is always tough. Texas did win in Palo Alto two years ago right after Stanford defeated UConn; so, hopefully that will help the returnees who played in that game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I am really excited to see SC play with Davis and Gray. Who is the third new starter? I Harris starting? She is going to be a star for you guys.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I know it was a cupcake, but I see that Davis had a really good outing in that game with 20 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists and only 1 TO. I also see that she shot 2-4 from the three point line. Gray had a tough night from behind the arc but went 6-11 overall and had 15 points. With those two I think that SC is a better team that last season.

Reaction Score
I am really excited to see SC play with Davis and Gray. Who is the third new starter? I Harris starting? She is going to be a star for you guys.

Cuevas is the third new starter but Harris and Herbert -Harrigan will be the first off the bench and will be tough to handle.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm the first one to mention ND's clash with the mighty Fordham Rams! :D

It's actually kind of tough because I want to watch my team but then I'll miss the actual competitive games. Baylor-UCLA is probably the one I'm most curious about.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Bianca Cuevas Moore, who was our backup PG last season. I have to say we looked good tonight even though A'ja had a rough game in foul trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom