Big 12 Votes In Wvu | The Boneyard

Big 12 Votes In Wvu

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Will no one just go for the clean kill? Death by 1000 cuts here...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
haha... very appropriate quote. :)

Reaction Score
Will no one just go for the clean kill? Death by 1000 cuts here...
Exactly. You read one thing then within a few days it gets pulled back a bit , someone makes an opposing statement, the media reports it and examines the statement, presents other possibilities, new rumors begin to fly and everyone gets left in limbo. This whole frickin thing makes me dizzy. They could just do it and get it overwith but the conferences seem to actually enjoy the attention they get from creating drama.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm happy for WV. I wasn't too thrilled about Louisville getting McConnell involved. I do believe the senate minority leader has more important matters to tend to.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
almost heaven, well maybe to them. B12 isn't any more stable than the BE and now WVU will struggle to be a 500 team. "Go Horns". Assuming we replace them with at least one better quality football team (BSU, SMU, HU all better this year), good riddence to the smallest TV market in the US..

Reaction Score
Appropriately, it's almost Halloween, so we can continue discussing this Zombie conference; Not completely dead, because it's still moving.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
another unintentionally funny Pitino quote (from espn.com)

The Big 12's decision to remain at 10 members will prevent Louisville from following WVU out of the Big East. Louisville men's basketball coach Rick Pitino said Friday that his athletic director, Tom Jurich, was disappointed in WVU's decision.

"I told him to stop taking that attitude," Pitino told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. "If Louisville had left the Big East was over. Nobody was going to come in. I told him to be fired up and go get those teams."
stuart_smalley-7943.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Appropriately, it's almost Halloween, so we can continue discussing this Zombie conference; Not completely dead, because it's still moving.

Given the current popularity of all things zombie, I think we should rename the league "Zombie Athletic Conference". Advertise the games on "Dead Man Walking".

All I can do is beg that they don't let Houston and the others into the BigEast for all sports. That would be the kiss of death.

Reaction Score
Given the current popularity of all things zombie, I think we should rename the league "Zombie Athletic Conference". Advertise the games on "Dead Man Walking".

All I can do is beg that they don't let Houston and the others into the BigEast for all sports. That would be the kiss of death.

With Michael Meyers as the Commissioner.

Been watching the Halloween movies all week and that SOB just wouldn't die. finally so Halloween H2O with Jamie Lee Curtis reprising her role and finally killing off Meyers. Not that bad of a way of rapping it up.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We need a new commish. I nominate The Undertaker. Very appropriate for this conference. He just left his old job so we know he's available and, to boot, he's a winner- undefeated on the grandest stage of all. Could bode well for Big East teams in national championship games. We wouldn't get a team to the BCS title game in football you say? Nonsense. One chokeslam from The Undertaker and we get whatever we want.

OK I'm done.

Reaction Score

We don't let? We don't let? Hello? I don't think we're the one's "letting" anymore. We are being let.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom