Big 12 expansion - effect on Basketball recruiting | The Boneyard

Big 12 expansion - effect on Basketball recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
doesn't effect uconn. already recruit top talent.

I disagree. Last top 10 recruit was in 2011 according to rivals.com. UConn typically (at least in the Calhoun era) turned good recruits into great players. Rarely do they have anyone that comes in as a freshman and makes a significant impact. Look at teams like duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas - UConn is a second-tier recruiting team - especially considering how well they've performed over the last twenty years. Joining a P5 will help them get there.

Ps - you meant affect

Reaction Score
Big 12 expansion is affecting college hoops recruiting

Was initially concerned that they didn't mention UConn in the first list of schools. But alas!

Per Cronin: Cincinnati is one of the top 10 most storied programs of all time? Come on now.
In his defense, Cincy is tied for 9th all time basketball championships with 2 titles. I personally don't consider them a top 10 historic program in basketball but you can at least make the argument.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Last top 10 recruit was in 2011 according to rivals.com. UConn typically (at least in the Calhoun era) turned good recruits into great players. Rarely do they have anyone that comes in as a freshman and makes a significant impact. Look at teams like duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas - UConn is a second-tier recruiting team - especially considering how well they've performed over the last twenty years. Joining a P5 will help them get there.

Ps - you meant affect

If your last national title was before man walked on the moon, you don't have much of a case for Top 10 all time status.

pj

Reaction Score
In his defense, Cincy is tied for 9th all time basketball championships with 2 titles. I personally don't consider them a top 10 historic program in basketball but you can at least make the argument.

They are also tied for 15th in all time basketball championships, as 7 teams have 2 championships. They are 20th in wins. A good program to be sure, but take away Oscar Robertson and they wouldn't even be in the conversation for top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom