Big 12 board votes to share TV revenue | The Boneyard

Big 12 board votes to share TV revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Tier I and II will be distributed equally amongst members. But the deal doesn't forbid schools from keeping their own network rights (Tier III), which would mean Texas can keep any revenue earned from the Longhorn Network, which is co-owned and operated by ESPN. All of the remaining schools have some sort of local deal, whether it's a network or a web outlet or a locally syndicated package.

Will this be enough to keep Missouri from leaving?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7054421/big-12-set-share-national-regional-tv-money

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Hopefully today will give an indication which direction Mizzou is going and the possible effect on the other conferences. Lots of Mizzou followers don't trust the Big XII. I said this before, even with the equal revenue proposed, there is still a bad taste about that conference. Their best option would be to go to the SEC.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/03/3185178/whether-to-trust-big-12-is-at.html

I for one, hope they stay. We want them to stay. That means the SEC would have to go fishing, preferably in ACC waters (a la FSU, Clemson, NC ST). But there is also that remote possiblility of that long cast landing in Morgantown. We'll see.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Current thinking is that Missouri wants a 10/10 commitment and prefers a 12/12.

12 teams and 12 years of media rights sharing . In any event the President will get authority.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Current thinking is that Missouri wants a 10/10 commitment and prefers a 12/12.

12 teams and 12 years of media rights sharing . In any event the President will get authority.
That outcome would be the worst case scenario for UConn. Did this rumor discuss any restrictions on Tier III media?

Reaction Score
That outcome would be the worst case scenario for UConn. Did this rumor discuss any restrictions on Tier III media?

The SEC is going to 14 one way or another and it's happening soon. I really don't think expansion stalls by the Big12 staying together for a decade. An ACC school or WV is coming over, and when that happens there will be more movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom