Big 10? | The Boneyard

Big 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to be a downer (although that is probably how I appear on this board) but how are we so positive we are getting a Big 10 invite when we can't even appear to get an invite to the ACC. Are Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin, Nebraska, etc. going to take a different stance than FSU and Miami? We just seem to be grasping at innuendo from press conferences and posts from 2 years ago. I hope I am wrong and we end up in a safe spot, but right now, at this moment, it does not look promising.

Reaction Score
i don't think anyone is positive. We are just in favor of #B1GHarder. There really isn't a ton of smoke to suggest UConn is going but if RU can go, i think UConn has a chance to follow. B1G wants an Eastern prescience, we believe UConn can provide that if given the opportunity. No one is positive though.

Reaction Score
Not to be a downer (although that is probably how I appear on this board) but how are we so positive we are getting a Big 10 invite when we can't even appear to get an invite to the ACC. Are Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin, Nebraska, etc. going to take a different stance than FSU and Miami? We just seem to be grasping at innuendo from press conferences and posts from 2 years ago. I hope I am wrong and we end up in a safe spot, but right now, at this moment, it does not look promising.

Dude - is it really necessary to start another thread????

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Personally?

I think it's 50% Big East, 49% ACC, 1% B1G.

I think the idea with the B1G is that we could expand the B1G Network into New England and also bump up subscriber fees in the New York DMA - especially if they use YES Network as leverage.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Personally?

I think the idea with the B1G is that we could expand the B1G Network into New England and also bump up subscriber fees in the New York DMA - especially if they use YES Network as leverage.

I have 75% NNNBE, 24% ACC, 1% Big 10. Only the latter is an attractive, safe option.

Reaction Score
If Vegas posted odds I'd think the BiG comes in at 100-1, ACC at 7-2, And NBE 4-5

Reaction Score
Personally?

There is a better chance of us going independent that staying in the Big East.

There is very little real info out there right now, outside of internet smoke blowers. One would think sports writers from all over would be all over this, but they're not.

When you see it on ESPN then you can believe there is some truth to it. Not a lot but some.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There is a better chance of us going independent that staying in the Big East.

I don't think we could go Indy, it just wouldn't be feasible with scheduling, bowl tie-ins and media exposure.

The doomsday option I think would to be a football only member of this monstrosity and play basketball with the CYOs.

I think that works for both sides as our football would easily be one of the top brands in the NNNBE and we would be the #1 property in a league with Villanova, Georgetown, etc.

Reaction Score
I don't think we could go Indy, it just wouldn't be feasible with scheduling, bowl tie-ins and media exposure.

The doomsday option I think would to be a football only member of this monstrosity and play basketball with the CYOs.

I think that works for both sides as our football would easily be one of the top brands in the NNNBE and we would be the #1 property in a league with Villanova, Georgetown, etc.

There is no chance we go independent, hence the staying in the Big East is not an option or desire.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There is no chance we go independent, hence the staying in the Big East is not an option or desire.

Well, yeah.

That doesn't solve the problem of not having an invite anywhere. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom