Biff, we need an encore. . . | The Boneyard

Biff, we need an encore. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . of that video of highlights of Diana's incomparable career.

Or are you waiting to add yesterday's Mercury-Lynx game? Upcoming WC in Turkey? 2016 Olympics?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yes. That never gets old!

Reaction Score
That half court shot was mind blowing. I think it definitely took whatever wind was left out of the Lynx' sails. DT is just an assassin out there.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Three quarter, actually, but who's counting?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Was about to start a thread featuring Dee when I saw this one. Voepel wrote a nice piece about Diana complete with quotes from her teammates:

"I have played with a lot of great players, and against a lot of them," Mercury teammate Penny Taylor said. "There's no one that wants it more. I don't think she ever stops and says, 'Yeah, I'm good enough,' or 'I've won enough.' She works at it every single day. And more than anything, it's her ability to take everyone on the ride with her."

"She's a champion," Dupree said. "She wills us to win, she gets other people involved, and she hits huge shots."

Mechelle herself says about Dee: "...a driven Taurasi is a very, very dangerous Taurasi. Actually, though, is there any other kind?...Taurasi had 31 points, seven assists and five rebounds. She also hit a shot just before the third-quarter buzzer from behind half-court that was ridiculous even by Taurasi highlight-reel standards."

Yeah, we all saw it, those of us who were watching. And although none of us who knew Dee were not really surprised that she made the shot, nevertheless, we felt the thrill and energy...well, at least I did.

Anyway, lots of nice stuff in here: LINK

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
That half court shot was mind blowing. I think it definitely took whatever wind was left out of the Lynx' sails. DT is just an assassin out there.

In the article above, Maya is quoted as acknowledging your point:
"It's a punch," Minnesota's Maya Moore acknowledged of Taurasi's tape-measure 3-pointer. "We've overcome so much this season, and we always believe we have it in us to overcome runs. But we just didn't have enough this time."

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Acknowledgement from her coach in this article from ESPN:

""There is no player in the world I would rather have on my team," Mercury coach Sandy Brondello said."

nuff said.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Acknowledgement from her coach in this article from ESPN:

""There is no player in the world I would rather have on my team," Mercury coach Sandy Brondello said."

nuff said.

...which is why Brondello also coaches her in Russia.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Of all the great products to come out of the Biffworks (including my own avatar), the greatest was his "You're the Best" tribute to Diana. It deserves to be permanently pinned to the top of the Women's Boneyard. He reprised it a couple of months ago, but some may have missed it so I really hope he will do so again. Such memories it brings back!!

Reaction Score

That three quarter shot was mind blowing. I think it definitely took whatever wind was left out of the Lynx' sails. DT is just an assassin out there.

Reaction Score
It is out there in the public domain - I actually stumbled across it in a Google search for DT pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom