Biff Poggi | The Boneyard

Biff Poggi

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Was under serious consideration to be the Uconn coach..Read a real nice piece about him in the Athletic, he's a assistant at Michigan.

Reaction Score
Was under serious consideration to be the Uconn coach..Read a real nice piece about him in the Athletic, he's a assistant at Michigan.

“A few days before Michigan won the Big Ten title game, Poggi got serious consideration from UConn to be its head coach. Jim Mora got the job.”

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
What an odd choice to be one of our top candidates besides Mora. He is an interesting guy....who has had an interesting career.... but from what I read he hasn't been a head coach at the college level? And he is 62.

That would have been a very risky hire....it may have worked...I like what he has to say....but wow...what a risk that would have been.

Thank you Mora for being interested.

Reaction Score

A few days before Michigan won the Big Ten title game, Poggi got serious consideration from UConn to be its head coach. Jim Mora got the job.”
What an odd choice to be one of our top candidates besides Mora.
Something was nagging me about the statement above…

Mora was hired/announced on November 11th 2021. The Big Ten Title Game was December 4th, 2021

Maybe a “few days before” is just artistic/literary license.

Reaction Score
What an odd choice to be one of our top candidates besides Mora. He is an interesting guy....who has had an interesting career.... but from what I read he hasn't been a head coach at the college level? And he is 62.

That would have been a very risky hire....it may have worked...I like what he has to say....but wow...what a risk that would have been.

That would have been like a UMass style hire.

Reaction Score
Guy sounds great, but this place would have absolutely lost it if he was hired. Glad we didn’t have to go through that.

Reaction Score
Something was nagging me about the statement above…

Mora was hired/announced on November 11th 2021. The Big Ten Title Game was December 4th, 2021

Maybe a “few days before” is just artistic/literary license.
Maybe the meant considered for a coordinator position not head coach?

Reaction Score

If you watched the documentary on the St Frances Academy football team in Baltimore from a few years back you would understand why this guy has the chops to be a successful HC at the college level. He would need a great staff in place to make it work, but he would be a tremendous recruiter and salesman for any program.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Maybe the meant considered for a coordinator position not head coach?
That's not what the article says...

"A few days before Michigan won the Big Ten title game, Poggi got serious consideration from UConn to be its head coach. Jim Mora got the job."

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
If you watched the documentary on the St Frances Academy football team in Baltimore from a few years back you would understand why this guy has the chops to be a successful HC at the college level. He would need a great staff in place to make it work, but he would be a tremendous recruiter and salesman for any program.
So you would have been ok with UConn hiring him as head coach last year?

Reaction Score
So you would have been ok with UConn hiring him as head coach last year?

I would have been shocked just like everyone else, but I would have been on board with the outside-the-box thinking.

That being said, I am thrilled with Mora and how things have worked out over the past year for the Huskies.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I would have been shocked just like everyone else, but I would have been on board with the outside-the-box thinking.

That being said, I am thrilled with Mora and how things have worked out over the past year for the Huskies.
I would struggle to get onboard with that hire. Too big of a risk for where UConn was as a program.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
But we would have had a head coach named Biff!

And now it's up to me to do everyone else's work and post the obilgatory Biff pics.

1668049732608.png

Reaction Score
Who the hell names their kid Biff? Alcohol had to be involved

Reaction Score
TBH I thought this might have been a mislabeled OT post about some restaurant or pastry shop in New Britain:D

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Biff plays better south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom