Bianca Cuevas-Moore out for the year | The Boneyard

Bianca Cuevas-Moore out for the year

Reaction Score
Cuevas-Moore is out with an injured knee for the year. She completely neutralized Morgan William in the title game last year. Something UConn and Baylor were not able to do. Without Cuevas-Moore SC is not as bad a matchup for Miss. St. Could be different this year now.

Reaction Score
T Harris has made a significant sophomore leap. She will give Morgan William all that she can handle. Plus Spann has been activated and she is playing very nicely. I can't wait to see them play each other.

The knee injury sucks for Cuevas. She is one of the rare players who performs better under pressure. I can count many games of the last three years where she couldn't buy a shot in the first half but when the game was on the line she hit nothing but daggers.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
T Harris has made a significant sophomore leap. She will give Morgan William all that she can handle. Plus Spann has been activated and she is playing very nicely. I can't wait to see them play each other.

The knee injury sucks for Cuevas. She is one of the rare players who performs better under pressure. I can count many games of the last three years where she couldn't buy a shot in the first half but when the game was on the line she hit nothing but daggers.

We’re waiting to hear on a possible medical redshirt for Cuevas. The decision would be up to her. She’s eligible. Getting Cuevas back for next year would be huge for SC, especially with our team being heavily guard based going forward after being post centric for the last 5 or so years..

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Too bad for a tough Bronx kid.
I have a special affinity for that geographic area
and the kids therein as
I taught there for a retirement job.

Reaction Score

I agree, Harris is a very underrated defender but she leads the SEC in steals and assists. William has the best A/TO ratio though but I think William should be more worried about Harris then Harris of William. But I'm also eager for the Matchup and I like your profile photo as well Yellw Jcket :D

Reaction Score
Cuevas-Moore is out with an injured knee for the year. She completely neutralized Morgan William in the title game last year. Something UConn and Baylor were not able to do. Without Cuevas-Moore SC is not as bad a matchup for Miss. St. Could be different this year now.
Morgan William only scored 13 points and 6 assist against Uconn in 44 minutes! Morgan had 8 points and 4 assist against South Carolina in only 23 minutes! So how can you say SC neutralized her and Uconn didnt? Vic messed up for not playing her!

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't understand why people talk about Morgan William as some great force or even the most important player on the team. To be honest, she just had a hot week.

She could have more hot games, but she's not an all american.

Reaction Score
Morgan William only scored 13 points and 6 assist against Uconn in 44 minutes! Morgan had 8 points and 4 assist against South Carolina in only 23 minutes! So how can you say SC neutralized her and Uconn didnt? Vic messed up for not playing her!

Perhaps you didn't watch the game but William was not effective as her stats showed. After she brought the ball up the court and passed to a teammate she couldn't free herself to get it back. Bianca completely shut her down and limited all of her opportunities. Without her being able to run the offense the way they like it Miss St often were shooting bricks or turning the ball over. So there's your answer...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I'm not hating on Morgan William. She didn't have a banner game against UConn as you commented. Morgan William did not beat UConn that day. Her team did. She just made the final shot that ended the game in their favor. She made the "buzzer beating"shot. THAT is her claim to fame, her 15 minutes of fame. No one knew who she was before that shot. The entire basketball world knew who she was afterwards. She was featured on every sports news media outlet in the country that evening.

She was David that night, as it was HER shot that took down the mighty and seemingly invincible Goliath. Kudos to her for making the biggest play of the game. She was unable to sustain that level of play in the championship game however. Cuevas threw a defensive blanket over her, thus rendering her ineffective, causing Schaefer to bench her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Perhaps you didn't watch the game but William was not effective as her stats showed. After she brought the ball up the court and passed to a teammate she couldn't free herself to get it back. Bianca completely shut her down and limited all of her opportunities. Without her being able to run the offense the way they like it Miss St often were shooting bricks or turning the ball over. So there's your answer...
Perhaps I did watch both games! Morgan played double the minutes against Uconn and the only thing she will be remembered for is the game winning shot! Uconn lost because of rebounding and were out hustled! My point is Uconn shut her down too! Baylor was the team that got burned by her! I am sorry about BCMs injury but would it really have mattered this year against Uconn? She has been outplayed every year against them! As a matter of fact Aja Wilson has been outplayed against Uconn every time they played and last year a 5ft 11in post! On Feb. 1st Uconn by 20 in Columbia! I will watch that game also!

Reaction Score
Perhaps I did watch both games! Morgan played double the minutes against Uconn and the only thing she will be remembered for is the game winning shot! Uconn lost because of rebounding and were out hustled! My point is Uconn shut her down too! Baylor was the team that got burned by her! I am sorry about BCMs injury but would it really have mattered this year against Uconn? She has been outplayed every year against them! As a matter of fact Aja Wilson has been outplayed against Uconn every time they played and last year a 5ft 11in post! On Feb. 1st Uconn by 20 in Columbia! I will watch that game also!

There was absolutely no need to get snooty! I take it you aren't sorry because a classy fan wouldn't have said " I'm sorry about so and so" but then go on to throw dirt on her name! You can keep your sorry because your the sorry one! Anyways keep your opinion for some one who cares...

Reaction Score
We’re waiting to hear on a possible medical redshirt for Cuevas. The decision would be up to her. She’s eligible. Getting Cuevas back for next year would be huge for SC, especially with our team being heavily guard based going forward after being post centric for the last 5 or so years..
And you get the idea that Dawn and Cuevas are pretty connected at this point in their careers. Hope the red-shirt is quick and she comes back.

Reaction Score
There was absolutely no need to get snooty! I take it you aren't sorry because a classy fan wouldn't have said " I'm sorry about so and so" but then go on to throw daid!irt on her name! You can keep your sorry because your the sorry one! Anyways keep your opinion for some one who cares...[/QU OTE]

I really am sorry about BCM! As someone who coached fo over 30 years I never want to see any player injured! I didnt throw dirt like you said. I stated a fact and obviously You cant handle the truth!

Reaction Score

Well it doesn't seem that way because if you truly were sorry you wouldn't have insulted her. The fact of the matter is SC nor BCM had nothing to do with the topic of the conversation. We were talking about how to shut down Morgan William and Miss St but you took it upon yourself to bring up something meaningless. Anyways I have a tough skin so you are forgiven but we can save the UCONN-SC topic when February gets here and not at the expense of a player who just found out she can't player her senior season.

Reaction Score
I'm not hating on Morgan William. She didn't have a banner game against UConn as you commented. Morgan William did not beat UConn that day. Her team did. She just made the final shot that ended the game in their favor. She made the "buzzer beating"shot. THAT is her claim to fame, her 15 minutes of fame. No one knew who she was before that shot. The entire basketball world knew who she was afterwards. She was featured on every sports news media outlet in the country that evening.

She was David that night, as it was HER shot that took down the mighty and seemingly invincible Goliath. Kudos to her for making the biggest play of the game. She was unable to sustain that level of play in the championship game however. Cuevas threw a defensive blanket over her, thus rendering her ineffective, causing Schaefer to bench her.

I don't think that Morgan Willam plays over and outside of her role. Schaeffer does not feature her as a scorer. She shouldn't be expected to be "Kelsey Mitchel".

With that said, her night was against Baylor. 41 pts. The entire team went cold and Schaeffer asked her to score and she did. Repeatedly.
She scored until her team won the game. Say what you will, non-All American or whatever. She is a gamer and a winner.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
And you get the idea that Dawn and Cuevas are pretty connected at this point in their careers. Hope the red-shirt is quick and she comes back.

Agreed. Dawn has a strong connection with her players in general but she has an especially strong connection with players like Cuevas. They share the same background almost. Cuevas needed a coach like Dawn and as tough they can be to coach Dawn enjoys giving back to players like Cuevas.. before her it was LaKiesha Sutton.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Dawn has a strong connection with her players in general but she has an especially strong connection with players like Cuevas. They share the same background almost. Cuevas needed a coach like Dawn and as tough they can be to coach Dawn enjoys giving back to players like Cuevas.. before her it was LaKiesha Sutton.
Yep. Dawn is a force for good in Charleston. Sooo looking forward to our meeting this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom