Better Change Their Ways .. ! | The Boneyard

Better Change Their Ways .. !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wrote a post yesterday for my friend “TonyC” … but, in it I brought to light SC timings on offense.
SC took way to long to get set and then did not have enough time to execute. I guess this is coach’s “A Plan”, use it to control time and highlight your height and rebounding.

But, when your 10 points down, you must go into (In this case) the “B Plan”, which should be a 3-5 minute drill on scoring quick points, bring out a normal double post/driving guards and a least two dead on three point shooters. Get 10-14 points and get back in the game.

Or maybe “C Plan”, showcase your three pointers, multi screens. Three shots and you’re in the game…

But in the 6 times (live & film) I have seen this team, I have yet to see more than the well-rehearsed “A Plan”.

UConn knew that and exposed their apparent weakness, and countered with the soft full court, ½ court press, and shadow & press.

Now you know the top 10 teams in the Nation and the entire SEC were watching this spectacle last night and taking notes, and I guarantee you .... it will be used to success, unless coach changes her ways…

So come March UConn will see a totally different offensive schemed team, that is if the talent is there to execute.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Speeding things to get set maybe, but UConn's defense is also designed to bleed the seconds off the opponents' half court set-ups to force them into these time crunches. You can't just dictate what you want to do on offense all the time. As for plan C, that's not really been USCar's strength this year. Mitchell is an excellent 3-pt shooter and hit 3 of 4 in the game, but especially when Chong was on her she didn't get the chance to get that many off. The Gamecocks average only 14 threes a game and because of Mitchell shoot them at an overall decent 35.5%, but the other players are not that good from the arc. They got luck that Sessions hit 2 of 4 because she's usually at 20%, and Roy and Dozier didn't step up and shoot any. But when you're down by double figures, praying that you suddenly become a great 3-pt shooting team is not the first thing a coach like Staley will think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom