OT: - Beth Mowins Making MNF Debut Tonight | The Boneyard

OT: Beth Mowins Making MNF Debut Tonight

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Wow but, agghhh, she's doing the late game; hope I can stay awake that long...

Reaction Score
Beth is doing a great job. I didn't even notice there was a woman calling the game until I saw this thread.

I like Jessica Mendoza too. She was a tremendous collegiate softball player (multiple AA at Stanford, and still holder of many college offensive records) and Olympic champion, and really knows the MLB game.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Do you have toe game on mute?

She has already made two Breanna Stewart references.
I sort of have the game on "background noise", checking in from time to time to see the replay when there's a good play. I noticed she did a good job analyzing those replays. What did she say about Stewie?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Beth is doing a great job. I didn't even notice there was a woman calling the game until I saw this thread.

I like Jessica Mendoza too. She was a tremendous collegiate softball player (multiple AA at Stanford, and still holder of many college offensive records) and Olympic champion, and really knows the MLB game.
My sister likes Jessica Mendoza too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She is a great listen. I like the interaction with Rex Ryan as well.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
While not commenting on her fine game calling
(at least to these ears), I thought that someone (or more than one) at ESPN had done a poor job of sound-checking her mike and the quality of sound delivery vis-a-vis background noise.

It was poor to the point of sabotage.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
While not commenting on her fine game calling
(at least to these ears), I thought that someone (or more than one) at ESPN had done a poor job of sound-checking her mike and the quality of sound delivery vis-a-vis background noise.

It was poor to the point of sabotage.

Love this post. As an old media dude, I'd mention that, back in the day, for a couple a generations, TV tech people were formerly RADIO tech people. Back in those old days, they learned audio from its roots. Today, TV newcomers <start out> with video, leaving the audio half of their medium "for later."

Now, get off my lawn!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I caught some of it. I always like Mowins' work on both basketball and football. Shame they stuck her with Rex Ryan. I thought he did poorly as the color commentator.

Reaction Score
I caught some of it. I always like Mowins' work on both basketball and football. Shame they stuck her with Rex Ryan. I thought he did poorly as the color commentator.

Ryan is a novice in the broadcast booth, Mowins the seasoned professional. Let's give the coach some time. My feeling is that he will have a coordinator gig this time next year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They played a little of Beth and her side kick on Imus in the Morning and mocked it. Part of 2-3 others who were made fun of. I was not really listening at the time, so I can't give you chapter and verse.

Reaction Score
A guy who knows what he is talking about, Trent Dilfer said: “She was great, very hard job and she killed it,” Dilfer wrote. “No comment on the rest.”

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/laid-o..._content=20170912&mpweb=755-4492297-719293442
This morning Rich Eisen, now on Fox Sports Radio, trashed Rex Ryan's MNF debut pretty good. Competitor though, so hard to accept it as totally objective. I thought Rex did "OK." Hard to be his regular Hard Knocks X-rated self on MNF broadcast.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They played a little of Beth and her side kick on Imus in the Morning and mocked it. Part of 2-3 others who were made fun of. I was not really listening at the time, so I can't give you chapter and verse.

What a surprise. A negative reaction from such a putz is a +.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What a surprise. A negative reaction from such a putz is a +.

I heard a podcast replay and what they focused on in this brief segment was her anchor partner who I never heard of before. Today McGirk (sp?) clarified that he thought Mowins was good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom