BET @ MSG | The Boneyard

BET @ MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
They are running TV commercials on the NYC Fox station peddling tickets for the Big East Basketball tournament. How the mighty have fallen without the "Sixth Boro's" team.

Reaction Score
They are running TV commercials on the NYC Fox station peddling tickets for the Big East Basketball tournament. How the mighty have fallen without the "Sixth Boro's" team.
Outside of PC, Georgetown & Nova the remaining BE teams never really traveled well to the tournament before the split.

Reaction Score
Outside of PC, Georgetown & Nova the remaining BE teams never really traveled well to the tournament before the split.

That includes St. John's, which is in the SAME CITY (albeit a different borough). In fairness, the Johnnie faithful hopped on the subway for the trek into Manhattan when they were good.

Reaction Score
I've been saying it the last two years, but it's 100% true: The Big East Tournament is a shell of it's former self after realignment.

I've lived in and out of NYC for the last decade since I graduated from UConn and I grew up outside of Manhattan in Queens and North Jersey.

You used to KNOW when the BET was in town. Everywhere you looked there were UConn, West Virginia, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, Nova and Georgetown fans. Then in later years Louisville fans would pack the City.

Your favorite after work bar would be crowded with weirdos from the mid-Atlantic states and when you entered the office there were always a handful of folks wearing the colors all day.

Now the only way you'd know if the BET was happening is if you were at a bar within three blocks of The Garden or if you happened to see an ad in a Taxi Cab.

As someone who had attended the BET basically every year since I was 8, it's really sad to see.

Reaction Score
I've been saying it the last two years, but it's 100% true: The Big East Tournament is a shell of it's former self after realignment.

I've lived in and out of NYC for the last decade since I graduated from UConn and I grew up outside of Manhattan in Queens and North Jersey.

You used to KNOW when the BET was in town. Everywhere you looked there were UConn, West Virginia, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, Nova and Georgetown fans. Then in later years Louisville fans would pack the City.

Your favorite after work bar would be crowded with weirdos from the mid-Atlantic states and when you entered the office there were always a handful of folks wearing the colors all day.

Now the only way you'd know if the BET was happening is if you were at a bar within three blocks of The Garden or if you happened to see an ad in a Taxi Cab.

As someone who had attended the BET basically every year since I was 8, it's really sad to see.
A lot of non-Big East grad people working in NY used to get excited for the Big East tournament as well. Same for people living near NY (I can only speak for northern NJ). When I worked in the city, plenty of people would be looking for tix that had no alum ties to teams. I don't work in NY anymore, but I don't hear of anyone going to the tournament other than the Villanova, Georgetown and Providence (only one family and I like them but we can't discuss college sports as their UConn hatred runs too deep) grads I know.

Reaction Score
Has the A-10 tournament at Barclays become bigger than the big east at MSG?

Reaction Score
Has the A-10 tournament at Barclays become bigger than the big east at MSG?

I went to the first round of the A-10 Tournament in 2014 instead of the Big East Tournament (because my buddy is a UMass grad) and it had about as big a crowd as a Day 1 Rutgers-DePaul game at MSG.

On the whole though, I would doubt that the A-10 Tourney in BK outdraws MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom