BET game1 (Fryers) ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

BET game1 (Fryers) ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Ajax opens the game with a three!
  2. Game gets sloppy pretty quickly. Lots of empty trips for both teams.
  3. Clingan and JoeyC in at 14:30 We're up 9-4.
  4. Ajax takes the board full court for the slam!
  5. Newton in at 12:45
  6. Hawkins buries his first attempt from deep. Good sign.
  7. Clingan out at 8:40 with 1 block and 2 boards. score 19-11
  8. About the 5 minute mark, Croswell committed the most obvious offensive foul (He cocked his arm, and then threw his elbow into the chest of Adama) I've seen this year, and acted like he was dumbfounded that it was called.
  9. Great feed Diarra to Adama at 4:25. 25-13
  10. Less than a minute later, he took Sanogo completely by surprise with a pass from a foot away in a crowd, and turned it over.
  11. Sanogo gets mauled on a Layup. No call.
  12. 3:04 - Clingan and Joey back in. 27-16
  13. I wish the announcers would stop anointing us clear winners. We've got a half to go, dammit.
  14. At the half -- score 35-19. Boards-21-9 (Jackson is tied with the Fryer team, with 9) Assists 11-3. Blocks 3-1. 58% to 29% FG. We have not taken a foul shot in the half.
  15. Jackson came out ready today, and had a heck of a first half. 3 of 5 from the field -- a three and two monster dunks. He had 9 boards, 4 assists and a steal.
  16. 18:43 in 2nd half -- doubled them up, 41-20
  17. 17:33 Hawk gets our first FTs of the game. Makes 'em.
  18. 16:15 left, Sanogo gets called for his 2nd quick foul. 6 fouls called in the first 4 minutes of the half, after calling 8 in the entire first half. Ended up calling 20 in the 2nd half. Mostly on us.
  19. Hawk on fire in the 2nd half.
  20. Providence immediately attacks the rim. Took them three tries, but they scored. How did they get 3 offensive boards with Clingan in the paint?
  21. Providence is attacking Clingan's hands, just like Nova did the other day.
  22. These refs aren't just calling it tighter in this half -- they're killing us and giving the fryers free reign.
  23. Newton's dime to Sanogo after fighting the entire Fryer team for possession was an absolute gem.
  24. Wasn't it just a game or two ago that I said we are not good at burning clock? We still aren't. I wish we would just play our instead of trying to use clock. It's not in our skill set.
  25. Glad to have slithered out of that with a victory.
  26. To me, Newton was as close to the POG as anyone on the team. 7 dimes and 16 points, plus 3 of his 4 boards were offensive. He was instrumental in breaking their press late, and getting the ball where it needed to be. That late play where he basically took/kept the ball out of the possession of their entire team, then fed Sanogo, was insane. THAT was a play from someone who really, really wanted the win.

Reaction Score
  1. Ajax opens the game with a three!
  2. Game gets sloppy pretty quickly. Lots of empty trips for both teams.
  3. Clingan and JoeyC in at 14:30 We're up 9-4.
  4. Ajax takes the board full court for the slam!
  5. Newton in at 12:45
  6. Hawkins buries his first attempt from deep. Good sign.
  7. Clingan out at 8:40 with 1 block and 2 boards. score 19-11
  8. About the 5 minute mark, Croswell committed the most obvious offensive foul (He cocked his arm, and then threw his elbow into the chest of Adama) I've seen this year, and acted like he was dumbfounded that it was called.
  9. Great feed Diarra to Adama at 4:25. 25-13
  10. Less than a minute later, he took Sanogo completely by surprise with a pass from a foot away in a crowd, and turned it over.
  11. Sanogo gets mauled on a Layup. No call.
  12. 3:04 - Clingan and Joey back in. 27-16
  13. I wish the announcers would stop anointing us clear winners. We've got a half to go, dammit.
  14. At the half -- score 35-19. Boards-21-9 (Jackson is tied with the Fryer team, with 9) Assists 11-3. Blocks 3-1. 58% to 29% FG. We have not taken a foul shot in the half.
  15. Jackson came out ready today, and had a heck of a first half. 3 of 5 from the field -- a three and two monster dunks. He had 9 boards, 4 assists and a steal.
  16. 18:43 in 2nd half -- doubled them up, 41-20
  17. 17:33 Hawk gets our first FTs of the game. Makes 'em.
  18. 16:15 left, Sanogo gets called for his 2nd quick foul. 6 fouls called in the first 4 minutes of the half, after calling 8 in the entire first half. Ended up calling 20 in the 2nd half. Mostly on us.
  19. Hawk on fire in the 2nd half.
  20. Providence immediately attacks the rim. Took them three tries, but they scored. How did they get 3 offensive boards with Clingan in the paint?
  21. Providence is attacking Clingan's hands, just like Nova did the other day.
  22. These refs aren't just calling it tighter in this half -- they're killing us and giving the fryers free reign.
  23. Newton's dime to Sanogo after fighting the entire Fryer team for possession was an absolute gem.
  24. Wasn't it just a game or two ago that I said we are not good at burning clock? We still aren't. I wish we would just play our instead of trying to use clock. It's not in our skill set.
  25. Glad to have slithered out of that with a victory.
  26. To me, Newton was as close to the POG as anyone on the team. 7 dimes and 16 points, plus 3 of his 4 boards were offensive. He was instrumental in breaking their press late, and getting the ball where it needed to be. That late play where he basically took/kept the ball out of the possession of their entire team, then fed Sanogo, was insane. THAT was a play from someone who really, really wanted the win.
Newton was fantastic for sure. That play was all heart.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
  1. At the half -- score 35-19. Boards-21-9 (Jackson is tied with the Fryer team, with 9) Assists 11-3. Blocks 3-1. 58% to 29% FG. We have not taken a foul shot in the half.
------------------------------------------------------

Evidently, we don't work the paint enough

1678453980504.png

At this point, I just think the worst officials in the country have decided they're simply not going to change the way they call UConn games.

We get mauled, play on. We breath on them, it's a foul. Heaven forbid we look at anyone in the wrong way, technical

They're a bad joke. Maybe I'm embellishing just a tad, but not much. The numbers speak for themselves

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If Breeding is doing the game tonight just start looking forward to selection Sunday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom