Best UConn Two Person Class | The Boneyard

Best UConn Two Person Class

Reaction Score
As I watched the excellence of Lou and Pheesa yesterday, and sadly realized that this is the last season that we get to enjoy them, I began to ponder which class had the best pair of teammates. I came up with the following pairs: Shea-Sveta; Bird-Cash; Stef-Bria; Stewie-Mo; Gabby-Kia; and our current two, Lou-Pheesa.

The best of these pairs right now is probably Stewie and Mo. They have the most points and assists, and are only behind Stef-Bria in rebounds. They also have 5 AA selections between them, 3 player of the year recognitions, and 4 national championships. They are going to be tough to dislodge at the top spot. But assuming two good years from Lou and Pheesa, they will be right up there. They will be the leader in points and rebounds, and could have 5 AA selections between them (and two national championships - fingers crossed). Considering all the remarkable players who have come through UConn, their place in this roster is incredibly impressive.

Finally, the incredible success of Lou and Pheesa is a reminder to those who worry that our recruiting classes are too small that a class of two is just fine if it's the right two. Let's hope that CW and ONO turn out as well. Not to mention Boston-Jones.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As I watched the excellence of Lou and Pheesa yesterday, and sadly realized that this is the last season that we get to enjoy them, I began to ponder which class had the best pair of teammates. I came up with the following pairs: Shea-Sveta; Bird-Cash; Stef-Bria; Stewie-Mo; Gabby-Kia; and our current two, Lou-Pheesa.

The best of these pairs right now is probably Stewie and Mo. They have the most points and assists, and are only behind Stef-Bria in rebounds. They also have 5 AA selections between them, 3 player of the year recognitions, and 4 national championships. They are going to be tough to dislodge at the top spot. But assuming two good years from Lou and Pheesa, they will be right up there. They will be the leader in points and rebounds, and could have 5 AA selections between them (and two national championships - fingers crossed). Considering all the remarkable players who have come through UConn, their place in this roster is incredibly impressive.

Finally, the incredible success of Lou and Pheesa is a reminder to those who worry that our recruiting classes are too small that a class of two is just fine if it's the right two. Let's hope that CW and ONO turn out as well. Not to mention Boston-Jones.
Except Lou and Pheesa were not a two person recruiting class.

1542588359388.png

Reaction Score
Except Lou and Pheesa were not a two person recruiting class.

View attachment 36486
I know. In retrospect the title for my post was poorly worded. The point of my post was to identify the best pair of players who were in the same class, regardless of how many were originally recruited. So I was forced to exclude Tuck when choosing a pair for the 2016 graduating class.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would rank them in this order
1) Stewie and Moriah Jefferson
2) Sue Bird and Swin Cash
3) Stefanie Dolson and Bria Hartley
4) KLS and Napheesa
5) Gabby Williams and Kia Nurse
6) Morgan Tuck & Moriah Jefferson
7) KML and Kiah Stokes

Reaction Score
I don't understand your post at all. Stewie, MoJeff, and Tuck were not part of a 2 person class...

Reaction Score
4) KLS and Napheesa
7) KML and Kiah Stokes

I would put Lou and Pheesa second. And to continue on your expansion of the "graduating class pairs" (which in retrospect, would have been a better title), I would also add Rebecca and Jamelle behind Sue and Swin.

Reaction Score
I would put Lou and Pheesa second. And to continue on your expansion of the "graduating class pairs" (which in retrospect, would have been a better title), I would also add Rebecca and Jamelle behind Sue and Swin.
Jamelle came the year after Lobo with Rizzotti

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou and Pheesa should wind up with about 5,000 career points. Someone please verify this--the NCAA record for career points by teammates in the same class is held by Kelsey Plum and Chanel Osahor. I think Lou and Phee can challenge that,

Reaction Score
Jen and Jamelle, Kara and Carla, Diana and Maria

I tried to keep the original duos to players who made AA (with the exception of Kia given her status as a 4 year starter).

Reaction Score
On the photo above.

Do you see how thin Lou was? She is much stronger now.

So sad about Boynkin (sp?). We never saw her uniform. Hasn't she left Penn State? She was highly regarded coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
On the photo above.

Do you see how thin Lou was? She is much stronger now.

So sad about Boynkin (sp?). We never saw her uniform. Hasn't she left Penn State? She was highly regarded coming out of high school.
Yeah Boykin is at West Virginia now.

Reaction Score
Stef and Bria were part of a five person class, and it was very briefly a five person class at that as Lauren Engeln, Michala Johnson, and Samarie Walker transferred out.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I would put Collier and KLS before Dolson and Hartley. In Hartley's last two seasons as I remember, she struggled with her shooting accuracy and that was her strong point.

Reaction Score
If Katie Lou & Napheesa didn’t play another game I’m quite sure you still put them ahead of Bria & Stef. No disrespect to them but both Lou & Pheesa are better than they are right now & two are seasoned vets.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
4) KLS and Napheesa
7) KML and Kiah Stokes

You have Jefferson on there twice. For mine would be:
1. Stewart/Jefferson
2. Bird/Cash
3. Ralph/Abrosimova (came in different years but graduated together)
4. KLS/Collier
5. Charles/Greene
6. Dolson/Hartley
7. Taurasi/Conlon
8. Williams/Nurse
9. Strother/Turner
10. Moore/Dixon
11. KML/Stokes

You could argue throw anyone with the Big 3 of Moore/Taurasi/Stewart and they'd place well on this list, but when looking at how both players contributed, I think the top 4 duos are a step above the rest due to both players being standouts and POY candidates, usually in multiple seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom