Best UCONN Podcast? | The Boneyard

Best UCONN Podcast?

Reaction Score
Hi everyone - I live in London so I'm a bit far away from the everyday, so I try to catch up on UCONN through this board and podcasts. But the only podcast that is regular is Dauster's, which I find so-so. He's sort of bombastic, and I don't like that Goodman guy. Fanta I like. The sound quality is also terrible most of the time. The whole thing seems amateurish. Is there another one you would recommend? I greatly enjoyed the Dream Season Pod.

Reaction Score
Hi everyone - I live in London so I'm a bit far away from the everyday, so I try to catch up on UCONN through this board and podcasts. But the only podcast that is regular is Dauster's, which I find so-so. He's sort of bombastic, and I don't like that Goodman guy. Fanta I like. The sound quality is also terrible most of the time. The whole thing seems amateurish. Is there another one you would recommend? I greatly enjoyed the Dream Season Pod.
Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it. One more regular episode on the way soon!

(& I’ll second the recommendation for Locked On UConn with Mark.)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Here are all the UConn pods I subscribe to:

Uconn Fast Break
Connecticut Scoreboard
Exit 68 UConn Basketball Podcast
A Dime Back
Locked On UConn
Top Dogs
Sliders and Curveballs
Thank you. We’re monthly with a strong mix of MLB, NBA, UConn, live games, interviews and story telling. We appreciate it. We’re fans and 40 years apart in age, so our style, questions and responses are pretty unique.

Mike & Joseph

IMG_4353.jpeg

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

I’ll need to try Mark

Reaction Score
I like the Top Dogs podcast. I think Dauster usually has something insightful to say.

Nothing against Locked On UConn in particular but I find all of the Locked On podcasts hard to listen to. So busy pushing out content that many episodes don’t actually have anything to say. Maybe it will be better in season but I stopped listening to the long running ones on my other favorite teams altogether.

Reaction Score
Having now listened to too many Locked On podcasts, I share the opinion that it is basically a regurgitation of various news articles - and really says nothing. Yes, Mark is "forced" to pod every day, so therefore by default, he's not going to get completely novel thoughts out there, but man, he should maybe try a weekly format instead. Otherwise, it feels like an audio GPT output.

awy

Reaction Score
mark isn't consistent but he has good guests on sometimes. he had a stroke and as a result suffering some yawning issues, which isn't really his fault. can't be too hard on the guy he works hard.

Reaction Score
is it in his contract that he has to pod that much? I don't find any "Locked On...." pods to be all that enjoyable but trying to pod everyday, especially in the offseason, seems like it would be torture.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score

How many boneyard accounts do you have? looks like the first 3 posts were lead ins. lol, JK.
I enjoy your show

Reaction Score
Top Dogs just released a recruiting podcast!
This one or a newer one? Link?

Reaction Score
This one or a newer one? Link?

That one. Sorry didn’t read the other thread before I possted

Reaction Score
I like the Top Dogs podcast. I think Dauster usually has something insightful to say.

Nothing against Locked On UConn in particular but I find all of the Locked On podcasts hard to listen to. So busy pushing out content that many episodes don’t actually have anything to say. Maybe it will be better in season but I stopped listening to the long running ones on my other favorite teams altogether.
Totally agree - Locked On just pumps out so much that it starts feeling manufactured. Guy will make an episode out of what deodorant Hurley uses. He’s mainly second hand scoop so it feels removed.

Dauster is the best as he’s on the inside and always has good and most relevant content, and he’s a good basketball mind having played in college. He just doesn’t produce as much in offseason. If you want real inside scoop, he’s a great listen.

Reaction Score
Trash.
Top Dawgs the best for breaking news and good insider access.

Locked on is trash. Breaking news ok, other times 75% wild speculation, no inside access. Yawning and miss pronouncing players names.

Reaction Score
Here are all the UConn pods I subscribe to:

Uconn Fast Break
Connecticut Scoreboard
Exit 68 UConn Basketball Podcast
A Dime Back
Locked On UConn
Top Dogs
Sliders and Curveballs
I am gonna start one of the these days! Lol. In the mean time ….

Reaction Score
Locked on UConn does pump out a lot of content ( although often does seem forced) . Getting podcasters from San Antonio and Portland to talk about Steph and D C was interesting . Having said that it is very unprofessional with dead airtime that seems like a hour ( 3-5 of silence a lot), poor transition between segments and commercials . The guy who does the podcast with Karaban is professional and well prepared in everything he does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom