Best TV Villians | The Boneyard

Best TV Villians

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was rewatching some of the Breaking Bad episodes. The show really needed Gus Fring to take off. He is a freaking awesome character that was perfectly played. I am amazed that Giancarlo Esposito is not getting tons of movie roles after this.

Joffrey Baratheon will be missed, but Tywin Lannister was the perfect villain for the books and the show, and his power and dominant personality carries the early books. It is silly that Charles Dance never got so much as a nomination for this part.

Swearengen from Deadwood.

Vern Schillinger - It is hard to believe that Juno's dad did some of the things he did in Oz.

My personal favorite is Roman Grant (played by Harry Dean Stanton) from Big Love. The peaceful, moral righteousness cloaking a sociopath makes this one of the most original characters in TV history. Also, the first four seasons of Bib Love were incredible, and then the whole show completely fell apart when Stanton left.

Who am I missing?

p.s. I have left out the Sopranos because other than Livia Soprano, the villains and heroes are not that clear cut in that show. Livia Soprano was pretty awesome though.

Reaction Score
I was rewatching some of the Breaking Bad episodes. The show really needed Gus Fring to take off. He is a freaking awesome character that was perfectly played. I am amazed that Giancarlo Esposito is not getting tons of movie roles after this.

Joffrey Baratheon will be missed, but Tywin Lannister was the perfect villain for the books and the show, and his power and dominant personality carries the early books. It is silly that Charles Dance never got so much as a nomination for this part.

Swearengen from Deadwood.

Vern Schillinger - It is hard to believe that Juno's dad did some of the things he did in Oz.

My personal favorite is Roman Grant (played by Harry Dean Stanton) from Big Love. The peaceful, moral righteousness cloaking a sociopath makes this one of the most original characters in TV history. Also, the first four seasons of Bib Love were incredible, and then the whole show completely fell apart when Stanton left.

Who am I missing?

p.s. I have left out the Sopranos because other than Livia Soprano, the villains and heroes are not that clear cut in that show. Livia Soprano was pretty awesome though.

Stringer Bell/Avon Barksdale/Marlo Stanfield

Reaction Score
Stringer Bell/Avon Barksdale/Marlo Stanfield
I'm not sure I'd call Stringer or Avon villains. Marlo, yes, but I generally found myself rooting for the the former two. Following that path, I still find Snoop to be one of the single most terrifying characters in TV or movies.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I'd call Stringer or Avon villains. Marlo, yes, but I generally found myself rooting for the the former two. Following that path, I still find Snoop to be one of the single most terrifying characters in TV or movies.

I'm on my second go around on watching the entire series, and I'm still hoping that Stringer gets got earlier in the series. Forgot about Snoop, yeah.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Roger Thorpe from The Guiding Light
Sonny Steelgrave from Wiseguy. I'll never forget the birthday present he got for Vinnie.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gus was amazing. Lithgow season 4 of Dexter was great. Billy Bob in Fargo as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gus was amazing. Lithgow season 4 of Dexter was great. Billy Bob in Fargo as well.

Gus, Mike and Jesse's trip to the cartel estate in Mexico was as gangster as it gets.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Gus, Mike and Jesse's trip to the cartel estate in Mexico was as gangster as it gets.

Interestingly, Gus wasn't even supposed to be a major character on that show - he got a break when the actor who played Tuco was double-booked. That really worked out well.

Reaction Score
Ben Linus from Lost? The show had its ups and downs but I loved that character.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Interestingly, Gus wasn't even supposed to be a major character on that show - he got a break when the actor who played Tuco was double-booked. That really worked out well.

I did not know that. I thought Tuco was a little two dimensional and a character that had been recycled dozens of times in TV and the movies. Fring was very original.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom