OT: Best Sushi in CT? | The Boneyard

OT: Best Sushi in CT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love these food threads. My go-to spot is the original Ginza in Bloomfield. They also have a location in Rocky Hill. Both are phenomenal! I love their Springtime and Dragon rolls, but the Wintonbury rolls have a special place in my heart.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
bait.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like Miya in New Haven best. Miso and Akasaka are also very good.

Reaction Score
Gotta be Feng in Hartford or sister joint in Canton for me

I believe Feng and Ginza are owned by the same people/person. So I'm sure the carry similar products.

Miya's in New Haven, but not your norm.

I'll have to check this place out next time in the area

Reaction Score
I've been spoiled. Ginza sends a few sushi chefs into our caf every Tuesday. I'm sushi'd out.

Lesser known but very good is Toshi in Avon. Steer clear of Sakura Garden.

Reaction Score
Sushi Red in plainville is amazing. Looks like a hole in the wall but it's the best sushi I've ever had. It's just a 1 man operation but the guy puts so much care into every roll he makes.

Other than that? Noble in southington is a hibachi place that also does really good sushi.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Another vote for Miya's

Reaction Score
Ginza in Rocky Hill is fantastic. Miya's in New Haven is also a great experience but more sushi fusion.

One of the more surprisingly good sushi places I've had is Tokyo Sushi II in North Haven. It sounds meh but I was really impressed with the quality.

I also love Sushi Palace in Hamden/North Haven. 20 bucks, unlimited sushi/teriyaki/apps/desserts and it's surprisingly high quality, too.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Southern California folks are laughing at you right now. This thread is akin to the SJ guy arguing they are in a better position than UConn.

$20 all you can eat sushi - I just snorted snot on my monitor.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Southern California folks are laughing at you right now. This thread is akin to the SJ guy arguing they are in a better position than UConn.

Nonsense.

Reaction Score
I tried sushi once. I bought it at the grocery store. Took it home cooked it up, tasted like fish. Not sure what the big deal is.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

What Fishy said. Location doesn't matter one bit. I just got back from Japan and besides the tuna in Tokyo and the mackerel in Kyoto, which were amazing, I didn't notice a major difference between the sushi at the absurdly expensive 2-Michelin-star place we ate at in Tokyo and the place near me in Brooklyn with $65 omakase. (I'm still pissed about what we paid. Rip-off.) We didn't eat at any cheap sushi places but they were everywhere.

Point being, there is fantastic sushi on the east coast (or in Chicago, for that matter -- there are these machines called airplanes that can be used to deliver fresh fish) and crappy all-you-can-eat sushi joints in Tokyo and LA.

I just out-sushi-snobbed the heck out of you.

Reaction Score

No, this thread is more akin to someone saying that SJ is the best positioned college bball program in Queens. Notice the lack of anyone calling this suhe best in the country.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What Fishy said. Location doesn't matter one bit. I just got back from Japan and besides the tuna in Tokyo and the mackerel in Kyoto, which were amazing, I didn't notice a major difference between the sushi at the absurdly expensive 2-Michelin-star place we ate at in Tokyo and the place near me in Brooklyn with $65 omakase. (I'm still pissed about what we paid. Rip-off.) We didn't eat at any cheap sushi places but they were everywhere.

Point being, there is fantastic sushi on the east coast (or in Chicago, for that matter -- there are these machines called airplanes that can be used to deliver fresh fish) and crappy all-you-can-eat sushi joints in Tokyo and LA.

I just out-sushi-snobbed the heck out of you.

I agree location doesnt matter for Sushi. I have great stuff all over country with some of the best in Boulder, Co. of all places........

However if jleves wants to change "sushi" to "Fish tacos" in his statement I would have to agree. One of the only things I miss about not getting sent to Orange County every 2 months anymore is Fish tacos.

Reaction Score
Considering the fact that sushi fish in the US is required by law to be frozen before it can be consumed, I'm not sure how much there is to be gained by being in California vs. anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom