Best sections to sit in for the providence game | The Boneyard

Best sections to sit in for the providence game

Reaction Score
I know there’s a few games to worry about before then, but I was wondering how many people are going to the Providence game on the 15th and where they’re sitting. I’m looking to go but ideally want to be next to other UConn fans

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Seats are so overpriced for that game. Way too expensive. Providence is evil for marking up the prices for that game. They did it on purpose to deter uconn fans.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score

They shouldn’t be more expensive than when they played in Hartford. There were lower level seats at that game for $68.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait, so you are saying UConn is a bigger draw in Providence than the Friars? Makes sense.

Clark Gable Nod GIF

CL82

Reaction Score
Including the Friars… I’m with you here.

Reaction Score
Seats are so overpriced for that game. Way too expensive. Providence is evil for marking up the prices for that game. They did it on purpose to deter uconn fans.

I mean supply and demand dude. If it sells out, it sells out. And it's going to sell out with a sea of national flag blue.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
You don't understand even the most basic economics.

Yes I do. My major was finance at UConn. The supply and demand ratio was the same at the Hartford game. Yes the Dunk is smaller, but Hartford was a sellout too. Bottom line it is more expensive than the Hartford game for no good reason. Maybe they have less donors and rely on ticket prices, who knows.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Yes I do. My major was finance at UConn. The supply and demand ratio was the same at the Hartford game. Yes the Dunk is smaller, but Hartford was a sellout too. Bottom line it is more expensive than the Hartford game for no good reason. Maybe they have less donors and rely on ticket prices, who knows.
If XL is larger than the Dunk (by about 4,000 tickets), how can supply and demand be the same? If more UConn fans are willing to go to PC than there were PC fans willing to come to UConn, how can supply and demand be the same? If UConn hasn't played in quite some time, and PC has been playing all along, how can supply and demand be the same? If PC has been in the BE all along and this our first year back, how can supply and demand be the same? I'm sure there's other factors as well, but you get my economics lesson. Good thing you have a finance degree from UConn and not an economics degree...that's your only excuse.

Also, are you referring to face value prices, or secondary market prices?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Supply = seats. XL has a greater supply. Econ 101 would suggest lower prices then, no?

CL82

Reaction Score
Bottom line it is more expensive than the Hartford game for no good reason
Because the market will bear it. Isn’t that the best reason?

CL82

Reaction Score
Supply = seats. XL has a greater supply. Econ 101 would suggest lower prices then, no?
Unless there is demand inelasticity, which it appears there is.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
If XL is larger than the Dunk (by about 4,000 tickets), how can supply and demand be the same? If more UConn fans are willing to go to PC than there were PC fans willing to come to UConn, how can supply and demand be the same? If UConn hasn't played in quite some time, and PC has been playing all along, how can supply and demand be the same? If PC has been in the BE all along and this our first year back, how can supply and demand be the same? I'm sure there's other factors as well, but you get my economics lesson. Good thing you have a finance degree from UConn and not an economics degree...that's your only excuse.

Also, are you referring to face value prices, or secondary market prices?

Do you enjoy trying to feel all high and mighty on here? Seriously. No reason to insult me. Doesn’t matter if XL holds more people. If you go by ratios and percentages, approximately the same PERCENTAGE of seats are still available for sale at the dunk. It’s not strictly linear as you describe it with total number of seats. Proportion matters.

Also there is no real way of measuring demand at this point. Best guess is that there is market reluctance and similar demand to the Hartford game due to the schools proximity to one another. These kind of observations we can make. What people are thinking is hypothetical. I see a bunch of seats that are not selling and price is not changing. The market cannot bear that so you don’t see movement in ticket sales. If prices drop to similar levels as the first game then you will see more seats sold to the reluctant buyers.

Economics is tied into finance as well. They are related fields and many financial principles depend on economics. Economics is much wider scope big picture type of study. Finance uses that but delves much more in depth numbers wise. Stop trying to make me seem stupid. It just makes you look like an A hole.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Do you enjoy trying to feel all high and mighty on here? Seriously. No reason to insult me. Doesn’t matter if XL holds more people. If you go by ratios and percentages, approximately the same PERCENTAGE of seats are still available for sale at the dunk. It’s not strictly linear as you describe it with total number of seats. Proportion matters.
Sorry dude. Just questioning your rationale.

Reaction Score
I mean, it's well known that a finance degree is so easy to get at UConn that you can do it in 3 years while simultaneously leading the basketball team to a national championship. Just saying...

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Bought a couple tickets in Section 5 Row E on the risers on the baseline behind the basket. Anyone have an opinion about the view from these seats? Is the rise high enough where you will be able to see over the person in front of you? I’m pretty tall at 6’3” so I don’t think I’ll have a problem. Just feel bad for anyone sitting behind me.

Reaction Score
Bought a couple tickets in Section 5 Row E on the risers on the baseline behind the basket. Anyone have an opinion about the view from these seats? Is the rise high enough where you will be able to see over the person in front of you? I’m pretty tall at 6’3” so I don’t think I’ll have a problem. Just feel bad for anyone sitting behind me.
Only problem is if you're in the end closest to the basket, which blocks your view.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom