Best seats in the house? | The Boneyard

Best seats in the house?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So I bought some tickets but decided against my first inclination (section 100, row 3) because some others in my party didn't want to pay an extra $30. What are the best seats in the house? I went once previously but we swapped with someone and ended on the sideline facing the endzone. They were good because USF fumbled in their own endzone (right in front of us) that game to lose, but it wasn't a great sightline to the other side.

Reaction Score
So I bought some tickets but decided against my first inclination (section 100, row 3) because some others in my party didn't want to pay an extra $30. What are the best seats in the house? I went once previously but we swapped with someone and ended on the sideline facing the endzone. They were good because USF fumbled in their own endzone (right in front of us) that game to lose, but it wasn't a great sightline to the other side.
Row 3 would suck, you probably can't even see the game that low. You have to go high in the first section or very low in the second section to see the game properly, otherwise you will be watching off the scoreboard.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Row 3 would suck, you probably can't even see the game that low. You have to go high in the first section or very low in the second section to see the game properly, otherwise you will be watching off the scoreboard.
We ended up in Row 7 a couple sections off center. How many rows are in the first section. I hope we are up high enough.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
50 yard line, 2nd deck first few rows is probably best. Even until about halfway up. You want to be high enough up where you can see the whole field and see things develop.

Reaction Score
We ended up in Row 7 a couple sections off center. How many rows are in the first section. I hope we are up high enough.
Not 100 percent sure, just know I got seats in row 4 from someone one time and had to sit higher to see anything. Row 7 you might be ok, but I do not know. Don't want to worry you, but at worst you can probably move a but higher if needed and no one would care.

Reaction Score
We Started off in section 123 row 7. You could smell it but not see it all. Moved up to row 11, a little better. Finally settled on Section 123 Row 21. We could use the concrete of the concourse as a back rest. On those hot fall days you could stand up and feel the breeze that always blew out from the concourse. They were close to the facilities and vendors. Really not a bad seat in the RENT. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Love our seats in 241 row 4.

I'm 241/2 and agree that we have great sightlines and are next to the chairbacks so don't have to pay the extra. I've resisted moving down to the 100 level.

Reaction Score
I think the consensus of the folks at Stubhub and Ticketmaster is that Section 242 Row 10 is the best.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We are in the middle of section 102. 15 rows up. right about the 35 yardline. I'd say that is just about as close as you want to be in the lower bowl. Any closer (and I've had season tickets in row 4 and 5 as well) and you are looking at the backs of the players and catching the action on the scoreboard once play crosses the 50. For the money, any non-chair back is worth its value. We went to the Meineke Car Care Bowl in '07, and sat in the corner of the lower Bowl in Charlotte. By comparison, that would have been in the corner of the 200 level in East Hartford. THe lower Bowl there seats about 36,000.

Reaction Score
Between the 45s, 1st Level, top two rows. High enough to see the entire field. Low enough to hear just about everything. Higher quality and lower quantity of belligerent drunkards. Ok, that part isn't true.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Definitely agree the best value is the seats in the first 5 rows of the second deck flanking the blue backs. Wait till half way through and slide into a chair.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My favorite seats used to be the top corner of any end of the stadium (Top of The Rent tickets).

When I lived in state I would usually get about a dozen in the last row so I could stand/lean against the chain link fence the whole game.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with sightlines in Section 103 Row 13 except if action is directed to the goal line diagonally opposite on the UConn team's side of the field. The big uglies can get in the way of seeing the receiver catch the ball.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I used to be lower bowl, and learned that row 12 is as close as I wanted to get to still see the play on the field.

Moved to the 5th in the upper seats and like the ability to see more of how plays are developing, that kind of thing

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Definitely agree the best value is the seats in the first 5 rows of the second deck flanking the blue backs. Wait till half way through and slide into a chair.
You can go back a bit further than five rows in most sections and still have a great vantage point. I'm row seven in 241 and at different times (normally visiting one boneyarder or another) have been as close as row two and as far back as row fifteen. You won't find a whole lot of difference in view anywhere at least in the first dozen or so rows.

Reaction Score
2nd row in section 224.
50 yard line.
Close to action and vantage point for viewing plays is great.
Good place to watch what's going on on the bench.

Reaction Score
Sec 124 row 11 - nice height to get both the close up and entire field. I just wish it was more towards mid-stadium.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
True, but you get to heckle Sparrowhawk.
that was great when you guys broke him.... LOL

giving us his little bird behind his back...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom