OT: Best presents, gadgets, etc ? | The Boneyard

OT: Best presents, gadgets, etc ?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Anyone score a fun or cool present? Fun gadget? New tech?

Reaction Score
I was given tickets to the first 2 rounds of the tourney at the new golden one arena.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Hands down best present was an oyster stout that a friend brought me from a brewery on the Cape.

Possibly the best beer I've ever had.
That sounds horrifying. Does it have a briny finish?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty happy with a big angle grinder I got. I'll be making some bird baths and stone planters with it and my rotary hammer real soon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I received The Official Dictionary of Sarcasm. Love it.
My oldest daughter got me that for my birthday last year, which was my 50th. Pretty funny--and especially fitting that this is the first entry:

AARP: American Association of Retired Persons. An organization that sends out welcome letters to people over fifty to remind them that they will soon be dead.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Got a Google Home. Fatal flaw - since it's attached to just my Google account, anything anyone asks it is attributed to me. My YouTube feed is now stacked with Miranda Sings videos. That's idiotic and counter to how these smart home assistant things are going to be used in a household. It's going in a drawer.

I got a trip to Vancouver and Alaska, but since I appear to be paying for those, I will not count them as gifts. (Related note - holy crap. Do not go to Vancouver or Alaska.)

I also got beer with oysters in it. The minerality and presence of oyster pee were both off-putting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I got a trip to Vancouver and Alaska, but since I appear to be paying for those, I will not count them as gifts. (Related note - holy crap. Do not go to Vancouver or Alaska.)
Great gift. Alaska is definitely tops for me in terms of the natural majesty that I've observed on this planet. Northern Lights, grizzlies and Denali all blew me away, and the glaciers are amazing too.

Vancouver is a cool city. I remember watching Letterman's debut on CBS in a beer bar there--funny the things that stick out. UBC is a gorgeous campus.

Side trip to Vancouver Island is definitely worth your while if you can fit it in. Royal BC Museum in Victoria is very impressive, and the town itself is pretty cool. And the other end of the island is wild. Had some close bear encounters there and saw the largest/oldest fir in North America.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It was a few weeks early but a heavily repaired wood fence.

Back in November I had four fence posts snap off at the base and I wanted to extend fence towards front yard and install new gate. I was on my Christmas break to do list. I had to travel for work for the first 3 weeks of December. When I can home the whole job was done. Wife hired a handy man. I was grateful.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
How is it? They look cool on TV

If you enjoy spinning then it's the best gift money can buy. She does live spin classes from it which I think is pretty cool.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I got tickets to see Eric Clapton at MSG. I love my wife!

Well not a gadget but a very cool gift from a friend

xpBhhKb.jpg

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I got my 10th North Face pullover and 76th UConn pint glass. Managed to avoid getting a UConn hoodie as I asked specifically to not get any because I have so many I might actually need to get rid of some. Oh but also I got a beard trimmer with a built in vacuum! Really actually excited about that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My oldest daughter got me that for my birthday last year, which was my 50th. Pretty funny--and especially fitting that this is the first entry:

AARP: American Association of Retired Persons. An organization that sends out welcome letters to people over fifty to remind them that they will soon be dead.

And the very next entry:

ABBA: A Swedish pop group whose catchy melodies are very useful in helping to illuminate which one of your friends is probably gay.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And the very next entry:

ABBA: A Swedish pop group whose catchy melodies are very useful in helping to illuminate which one of your friends is probably gay.

Hold on - I liked your post because I thought it was sarcastic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom