Best players thus far in 2018 | The Boneyard

Best players thus far in 2018

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So four games into the season, who are our best players?

My list has five of six guys in their 4th year of football...guess that should not be a surprise.

1) Pindell - What is he, 80% of our offense? Makes wine from water repeatedly.
2) Mensah - He's not a beast, but he is the only workhorse we have and getting a bit better each week.
3) Davis/McLean - They still whiffs on some blocks....but has also made the catches, especially on 3rd down.
4) Mayala - #1 WR for a reason. In my eyes he is playing better than he did last year. Looks stronger.
5) Buss - Production a bit limited thus far, but he clearly has a burst that is noticeable.
6) Defense - don't have any names yet - hope that changes by end of the season.

Most Improved:
-Pindell <--stronger runner
-Mensah <--also getting stronger
-Herring-Wilson <--small sample size, but did look improved - stronger. Wish he wasn't injured.

Flashes:
- Oneil Robinson - does like to hit - lets see what additional reps can do for his game.
- Maurisseau - caught that bomb
- Eli Thomas - had that hurry and that sack
- Beavers - showing a bit more as a DE/pass rusher
- The Jones boys; Travis and Kevon - the ingredients are there - really need a couple years in the weight room to unlock the potential.

I'm probably missing some others...

Reaction Score

My list has five of six guys in their 4th year of football...guess that should not be a surprise.

2) Mensah - He's not a beast, but he is the only workhorse we have and getting a bit better each week.
3) Davis/McLean - They still whiffs on some blocks....but has also made the catches, especially on 3rd down.
4) Mayala - #1 WR for a reason. In my eyes he is playing better than he did last year. Looks stronger.
5) Buss - Production a bit limited thus far, but he clearly has a burst that is noticeable.

Most Improved:
-Herring-Wilson <--small sample size, but did look improved - stronger. Wish he wasn't injured.

Flashes:
- Oneil Robinson - does like to hit - lets see what additional reps can do for his game.
- The Jones boys; Travis and Kevon - the ingredients are there - really need a couple years in the weight room to unlock the potential.

Well thought out. Agree with all of this list

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
First possession fumble aside, I thought X Scott played notably stronger in the Syracuse game. Has obviously been behind Mensah in terms of performance but really like him catching the ball on screens.

In terms of 4th year players underperforming, I don’t understand why Beals doesn’t get more looks and / or touches. He used to look so promising as a frosh/ soph and seems to have great hands and decent speed. Gets one catch per game max nowadays.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
First possession fumble aside, I thought X Scott played notably stronger in the Syracuse game. Has obviously been behind Mensah in terms of performance but really like him catching the ball on screens.

In terms of 4th year players underperforming, I don’t understand why Beals doesn’t get more looks and / or touches. He used to look so promising as a frosh/ soph and seems to have great hands and decent speed. Gets one catch per game max nowadays.

Beals and Dixon should be getting a few more touches. Skanes should be getting some snaps.

Reaction Score

Most Improved:

Flashes:

Coyle and Dixon.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking you might find Lazarus on your list.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Without Pindell, we not only lose the URI game, we get blown out. I hope he can win us another game or two but that's completely unfair to place that kind of pressure on him, given the roster the surrounds him. If we can teleport him back to 2008-2010 era, we might have won 10 games/year.

Reaction Score
The fan in seat L213 Section 241 has been very athletic with his booing and "why an I sitting here look" for the first part of the season.

Reaction Score
It was a small glimpse but I really liked those two Marvin Washington passes. The kid has a major league arm and a quick/effortless release. Bodes well for the future.
Considering the start Pindell had LAST season and the shift we have seen thus far, I think you’re spot on with that!

Reaction Score
Buss brings one back by the end of the season or I have to wear a Syracuse shirt every day for a year.

Buss was so close in the URI game. IMHO, it's a shame he doesn't get the ball more. Fact is, with his remarkable speed and quickness, he is open a lot. The deep ball Washington threw to him, (although short) just scratched the surface of showing what Buss is capable of.

For certain, David Pindell is a force to be reckoned with. A whole lot of talent there, a great call and play to show he's definitely got legs! But go back and watch that punt return and imagine Buss with a wide-open field in front of him. Buss has jets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom