Best places to go to watch Away games | The Boneyard

Best places to go to watch Away games

Reaction Score
Other than the nearest couch/recliner, where are some of your favorite places to watch Away Uconn games?Archie Moore's has been a good spot for us, but we would like to try out some other places. Don't narrow it down to a particular area of the state. Just curious as to where others have enjoyed watching the games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Other than the nearest couch/recliner, where are some of your favorite places to watch Away Uconn games?Archie Moore's has been a good spot for us, but we would like to try out some other places. Don't narrow it down to a particular area of the state. Just curious as to where others have enjoyed watching the games.

Your best bet is a place that is good to eat and drink with a good TV. Because other than maybe the 1st and 10 I'm not aware of anyplace that has any atmosphere.

In Central Connecticut it's almost impossible to find somewhere decent to watch any college football

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If I'm going out with friends, Chicago Sams in Cromwell has never done me wrong.

Others include the various Sliders or Wood 'n Tap establishments in the area. The problem with Sliders is UConn is about 2 & infinity in fball and bball toss up games, when I'm there.

The problem with W'nT is when you order a double, they put the drink in a pint glass with more club soda, Same amount of libation.

Have done B-dubs a couple times recently. Surprisingly acceptable.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Your best bet is a place that is good to eat and drink with a good TV. Because other than maybe the 1st and 10 I'm not aware of anyplace that has any atmosphere.

In Central Connecticut it's almost impossible to find somewhere decent to watch any college football
Very much a true statement. I gave up a few years back and just stay home if I'm not at the game

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I think the dirty bird finally got shut down.

ABC in Manchester always has UConn games on and for bigger games has a decent draw. Very good drink and decent food.
Good to know. I'm an 8 minute drive from there.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

ABC in Manchester always has UConn games on and for bigger games has a decent draw. Very good drink and decent food.

Did it?!?!? I went about three years ago, maybe four. Walked away with some interesting stories to say the least

Reaction Score

I think it's still open. The reviews on Google are hilarious.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
No joke I once walked into the bathroom in there to see a woman performing fellatio on a man. NOT IN A STALL BUT JUST IN THE OPEN AREA.

Never change, Dirty Bird.

Very similar to my experience lol. I went in the bathroom and a man and woman were in the stall. Woman came out of the stall as I pulled up to a urinal. She goes, "What, do you have stage fright?" I said no and laughed, and then she says, "Don't worry, once you've seen one you've seen 'em all." She then actually tried to peer over the little wall next to the urinal and check out my junk. My friends had told me Free Spirit was another level of bizarre, and I didn't really believe it until that moment.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The thing about Free Spirit is it is a neighborhood bar for a trailer park.

Reaction Score
I don't see any UConn gear on the walls, what gives!

Sigh...
111.jpg

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

I guess that is where I will be tomorrow.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I've mentioned this before, but Van Diemans in NYC (Murray Hill) has a solid atmosphere and offers UConn centric deals on food and beer during the games.

It must be new people that have organized it the past 1-2 years, because when I went before, they wouldn't even have the UConn game on and it was supposed to be a UConn bar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom