Best performance this season........ | The Boneyard

Best performance this season........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm only half kidding. He took a coach who went 6-7 in a G5 conference, saw a new AD in the mix, concocted some interest in Diaco from outside and parlayed that into some serious guaranteed money.

Got to give credit where it's due. He took Benedict to school.

Reaction Score
I'm only half kidding. He took a coach who went 6-7 in a G5 conference, saw a new AD in the mix, concocted some interest in Diaco from outside and parlayed that into some serious guaranteed money.

Interest wasn't concocted...he was in the final 2 with Ash for RU job.

Reaction Score
Interest wasn't concocted...he was in the final 2 with Ash for RU job.

Honestly did not know that. It makes me think a little more highly of Benedict as he would have stepped into a tough spot to make that call. That said, Diaco had proven very little to that point and he got serious guaranteed coin before proving he was the real deal ( or at least wasn't an idiot).

Reaction Score
Honestly did not know that. It makes me think a little more highly of Benedict as he would have stepped into a tough spot to make that call. That said, Diaco had proven very little to that point and he got serious guaranteed coin before proving he was the real deal ( or at least wasn't an idiot).
My knowledge of what happened..he was a surprise finalist keeping things VERY quiet..may have actually over negotiated which gave the job to Ash. UConn wanted to keep him around not realizing that this would turn from promising to train wreck. Imagine how great it would have been if UConn was able to dump him and his mess on RU..

Reaction Score
I've said for a long time these coaching contracts are out of hand. It's not just the level of pay, but the amount of guaranteed money given out with no real claw back if they decide to move on to another opportunity. I know hindsight is 20-20, but at the end of last season was there really any evidence that Diaco was ready to coach in the BiG? Harbaugh and Meyer would have left only a the bones to pick through.

Reaction Score

Didn't BD' s agent take Warde to task and then Warde & Susan sold it to DB when he came in?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom