Best opponent player we've played against this season? | The Boneyard

Best opponent player we've played against this season?

Reaction Score
I'll admit I only focus on our players during games. I became curious after seeing Igbanu's monster game against us (I don't even remember him the first game and they said he lit us up). Who would you say is the best player we faced?

I'm talking skills moreso than points. I really have no clue. No one stood out as being a 1st rounder but this could be because of my UConn only focus or my age (i.e. forgetfulness).

Anybody impress you?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Couple names that come to mind:
Echinique from WSU
Cumberland from Cin - He might be the best player in the league. Does it all. Had a better year last year than this season to this point.

Reaction Score
I'll admit I only focus on our players during games. I became curious after seeing Igbanu's monster game against us (I don't even remember him the first game and they said he lit us up). Who would you say is the best player we faced.

I'm talking skills moreso than points. I really have no clue. No one stood out as being a 1st rounder but this could be because of my UConn only focus or my age (forgetfulness).

Anybody impress you?
That guy was a beast ,certainly the best and most physical big we‘ve seen.
He even challenged Akok who couldn’t stop him.
Carlton had three fouls in the first half and Whaley ended with 4 .
We doubled him late with a little success. I suspect fronting him with Wilson who is a super athlete would have helped.
Thank god he was the only guy doing anything.
Now that I think about it we haven’t seen a great player this year , some very good ones ,but I can’t remember a wow performance until last night.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He played pretty poorly against us though. 8 turnovers.

Blackshear fouled out against us, but he's very good.

Trayce Jackson-Davis is very skilled for a freshman.
Yeah but then we'd be talking about Igbanu, who clearly isn't the "best" player we've played.

Reaction Score
For NBA prospects, it's definitely Precious. But for legit best college player, it's likely Cumberland. He's probably going to win conference player of the year again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Have to agree with Kit that this season it has been Igbanu - none of our guys had a chance against him
The one I feared the most was Caleb Mills at Houston but he had a meh game vs UConn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom