OT: Best online platform to bet on college basketball? | The Boneyard

OT: Best online platform to bet on college basketball?

Reaction Score
Since it's now legal in many states, I hope this topic isn't inappropriate for this forum.

Do any BYs bet on college basketball? If so, what platform do you recommend? This would just be for fun (e.g., small wagers), so any info about minimum wager requirements and other transaction costs would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If it's legal use draft kings or fanduel. If it's not legal in your state..good luck there are a lot different sites out there but I wouldn't recommend any of the illegal ones because they are all bad for different reasons.

Reaction Score
I've been having a blast on FanDuel and they throw a ton of bonus offers at you in the first month of signup. Up to a $1000 risk-free first bet.

The app is very user-friendly, intuitive. They have had lines on just about all CBB games going on everyday (except for in-state teams).

I have no idea if their vigs are bad (they probably are...I'm sure all of the CT State-approved sportsbetting platforms take huge rip-off level vigs to generate their revenue targets).

But you said you want to do it for fun so that's probably not that important.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm in CT and I use Draft Kings. Very fun and useable app, and the bonuses are great. Ive always used it for daily fantasy and just decided to use their sports book as well. Zero issues, but I bet the others are good too. On DK you can bet as little as a dime (literally). A great option is the "cash out" button. You can cash out your bet if you no longer like it, prior to the start of the game. Sometimes it's for the full amount, and sometimes it's for less. You can also do it mid-game. One of my sides was getting killed, and I cashed out for like a tenth of my bet...regardless, I went from losing $100 to losing $90 - not bad.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I've been having a blast on FanDuel and they throw a ton of bonus offers at you in the first month of signup. Up to a $1000 risk-free first bet.

The app is very user-friendly, intuitive. They have had lines on just about all CBB games going on everyday (except for in-state teams).

I have no idea if their vigs are bad (they probably are...I'm sure all of the CT State-approved sportsbetting platforms take huge rip-off level vigs to generate their revenue targets).

But you said you want to do it for fun so that's probably not that important.
Vigs are standard on almost all platforms. Most are -110, and a few are either -115 or -105. Occasionally one side is -120 and the other is even money. Definitely not rip-offs. It's one of the ways different apps compete (lowest vigs possible).

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'm using Fanduel, and it's pretty easy to use. I'm such a newb to sports betting I haven't really figured out what some of the bonus offers even are.

Sidebar: I did place a pretty dumb straight bet in late Sept or early Oct for the Pats to win the superbowl. Bet was ~$300 and will net almost $20k if it comes in. Lookin' better every week ;)

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm using Fanduel, and it's pretty easy to use. I'm such a newb to sports betting I haven't really figured out what some of the bonus offers even are.

Sidebar: I did place a straight bet in late Sept or early Oct for the Pats to win the superbowl. Bet was ~$300 and will net almost $20k if it comes in. Lookin' better every week ;)
You got 66-1 on NE to win the Super Bowl? I know they are 10-1 right now and opened at 35-1.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
You got 66-1 on NE to win the Super Bowl? I know they are 10-1 right now and opened at 35-1.
yeah, I misspoke, the wager was $500 not $300, but it was at +3300. They're now at ~+1000

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Draftkings is better than fanduel in my opinion, but they both will offer the same lines and bets.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Draftkings is better than fanduel in my opinion, but they both will offer the same lines and bets.
It's not even close when it comes to daily fantasy. I haven't tried the FD sport book though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom