OT: - Best Omlettes in Northeast | The Boneyard

OT: Best Omlettes in Northeast

Reaction Score
So I am going to be driving up from around NYC area up to Kennebunkport, Maine and am a HUGE diner guy. Was looking for any diner recommendations along the way.

Reaction Score
Monroe Diner in Monroe, CT. This spot is relatively new, opened roughly 5 years ago. Ability to customize your omelet with basically any fresh ingredient you could think of. Best part is the large portion size.

FYI- if you're looking for a non omelet item, homemade cheese blintzes are a MUST

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe too close to your destination but Becky's Diner in Portland ME is awesome.

On the way, Traveler Restaurant just off of I-84 in Union CT is fun. That's the place with the big sign that says FOOD and BOOKS. It's filled with used books and you are encouraged to take one with you when you leave. Browsing for the right book helps pass the time before your meal comes. I consider this a diner because when I ever stop in I get the Open Faced Hot Turkey sandwich with mashed and gravy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mitchell's in Cromwell. The. Best. Pancakes. On. Earth. Everything is good there, but holy crap the pancakes are good.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Vernon Diner just off I-84. It's in an old Howard Johnson's. Open 24 hours.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So I am going to be driving up from around NYC area up to Kennebunkport, Maine and am a HUGE diner guy. Was looking for any diner recommendations along the way.
Check out Egg and I and the Omellete Factory in Ogunquit Maine. Those are my two favorite spots I know of in NE, quite the coincidence that you are going to that exact area.

Reaction Score
Iron Town Diner, Saugus, MA. Near junction of I-95 and I-93, not too far out of your way.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Honestly, it's hard to mess up an Omellete, but it's also really hard to make a 10/10 omelette so there its definitely a worthy hunt.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not scrolling through this whole thread, but I'll assume Brettloaf's mom's house was already picked by several?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Vernon Diner just off I-84. It's in an old Howard Johnson's. Open 24 hours.
Canned corned beef hash. I like the Cromwell Diner off I-91 better. They make their own corned beef hash. Plus, it seems to be a pretty tight ship when I go. Your coffee stays full and the food comes out hot and in a timely manner.

Reaction Score
The White Barn in Kbport is the place for big dinner. Bring your wallet, and dinner jacket. They wouldn't sit Pres Bush )a local / resident) w/o a jacket.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Monroe Diner in Monroe, CT. This spot is relatively new, opened roughly 5 years ago. Ability to customize your omelet with basically any fresh ingredient you could think of. Best part is the large portion size.

FYI- if you're looking for a non omelet item, homemade cheese blintzes are a MUST

Wow this is interesting. I no longer live in CT but my sole experience at Monroe Diner was nothing to write home about. Very average service and very average food IMO.

Now Chip's in Fairfield on the other hand is absolutely money. An absolute must stop, the eggs are great and you get a very good quantity. Also have to try the pancakes.

Hope this helps!

Reaction Score
Wow this is interesting. I no longer live in CT but my sole experience at Monroe Diner was nothing to write home about. Very average service and very average food IMO.

Now Chip's in Fairfield on the other hand is absolutely money. An absolute must stop, the eggs are great and you get a very good quantity. Also have to try the pancakes.

Hope this helps!

So, I always heard about Chip's and was excited when they opened one in Wethersfield. I was blown away by how mediocre it was.

Reaction Score
Check out Egg and I and the Omellete Factory in Ogunquit Maine. Those are my two favorite spots I know of in NE, quite the coincidence that you are going to that exact area.

Lots of sausage in Ogunquit! (...if that appeals to you)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The Maine Diner in Wells is near Kennebunkport and is very popular.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for the thread. From the Subject, I expected little & thinking, "Who can't make a better omelet at home?" and instead have gottem lots of good suggestions. Happy eating.

Reaction Score
The Stamford Diner for anything breakfast, all good but the sausage and mushroom omelette I had once was terrific.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom