Best Non Conference Results Since? | The Boneyard

Best Non Conference Results Since?

Reaction Score
We played solid competition and got our share of wins. A healthy team likely gets a W @ West Virginia, but oh well.

I feel like this is the first time we've consistently competed against tournament caliber competition in a while. Emphasis on consistently. Maybe since 2016-ish.

The team has flaws for sure. Flaws that we'll probably just need to live with for the year, but I'll take what I can get.

At the very least I'm calling this our most consistently good non-conference results in a long time. A bit of word-parsing on my part, but also worthy of a minor celebration.

Reaction Score
Undefeated out of conference last year! But I'd say 2013-14 - we were 12-1 with wins over Maryland, BC, Indiana, Florida, Washington, Harvard (#32 KenPom). We did have that clunker vs Stanford (#34 KenPom) that I think caused Fishy to break out a crayon graph of KO's NBA coaching appeal. If only we knew at the time how true that would turn out to be.

Reaction Score
We played solid competition and got our share of wins. A healthy team likely gets a W @ West Virginia, but oh well.
A healthy team also probably gets the win over MSU too, FWIW. Need Whaley for that one.

Reaction Score
Interesting that if we won the two games we lost we would probably not be undefeated! The WVU loss really stings. We had no business losing that game, injuries or no injuries. They are not a very good team. I’d say we have 2.5 quality wins and our non quality wins are extremely weak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom