best manhattanpizza | The Boneyard

best manhattanpizza

Reaction Score
we’re close enough and a lot of manhattan pies have sucked lately.

what’s your favorite

Reaction Score
I haven't tried a lot of great Manhattan pizza but John's of Bleecker Street and Sauce (I went to the one in the East Village) are my 2 favorite.

Other than that I'd rather drive over the Brooklyn Bridge for great pizza in the NYC area.

Reaction Score
I think BK has better pizza, but Rubirosa is my favorite in Manhattan. The Manhattan locations of Emily and Emmy Squared are great and Motorino and Pasqual Jones are also up there for me. Lombardi's for old school coal oven is my fav.

Reaction Score
John’s of bleeker is my personal #1, prince st also has a great Sicilian pepperoni slice. Joes pizza is my go to quintessential New York slice.

Reaction Score
I'm in on John's of Bleeker as well. Had it for the first time over 20 or so years ago ... (yikes, I'm old)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Manhattan has always been more slice than pie for me, and I'm years out of date, plus I'm now in New Haven, so I'll largely defer to others.

Your use of "We're close enough" makes me think you aren't IN Manhattan. True? If so where are coming in from?

Also "pie" makes me think you're looking for sit-down experience, which rules out a lot of places. Yes?

If it's from north of Manhattan, I'll suggest a visit to Patsy's in East Harlem. The bonus is that you can do a mini test run by getting slices from the small, adjacent space with its own coal oven and see if you like it. You can double park on 1st Ave, and get 3 slices for less than the Triborough Bridge toll, then cross over the free bridge to the Bronx and get on either the Bruckner or Major Deegan. If you like it, then there's a dining room next door for next time.

John's and Lombardi's both always left me thinking, "I like New Haven more," which isn't a huge knock, just what's so.

Reaction Score
Seconded. Keste has some good neapolitan stuff across the street if that's you're style
Live a block away. Keste STINKS. Very overrated. Joe's, John's on bleecker, and Emily are way better in the neighborhood.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s like a 300-way tie for first place.

Reaction Score
Rubirosa
Joe and pats
Scarrs
Sauce restaurant (super thin crust)
Sauce pizzeria (ny style)
Emmy squared (Detroit style)
Joes
San matteo - in the UES. Neapolitan style
99 cent fresh - for value

just some of my favorites but still have to try johns on bleeker and prince st.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Live a block away. Keste STINKS. Very overrated. Joe's, John's on bleecker, and Emily are way better in the neighborhood.

Disappointed to hear that. Never been to Keste, but when Roberto was plying his trade here in Pittsburgh, he was far and away the best pizzaiolo in town. Didn't Keste used to be good though?

Reaction Score
John's on Bleeker Street is good, though I don't believe they sell by the slice as I used to go to Bleeker St pizza when bar hopping with friends years back. More recently, while not as good as their Bleeker St location, I take familes to John's of Times Square as its big and loud, so people aren't too upset when I have a screaming kid or two with me before or after a Broadway show. I honestly rather go to Brooklyn now when I am searchning for a good pie and can't make it to New Haven.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom