Best long-term lot at JFK? Going Valencia Sat-MM TC DT.... | The Boneyard

Best long-term lot at JFK? Going Valencia Sat-MM TC DT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
hate to drive to JFK, but had best fares/times there to Spain: Sat nite: JFK- Mad -Valencia... anyone know best long-term lot to park car at at JFK? One week- Cost looks like $100-125 ... Diana+ Tina/Epiph+Alba+ Fowles Turkey team play at Valencia- Maya and Lauren J, Sancho L., et al.., Wed 2/1, 8 PM at pabellon san Luis ...
2 best teams in Europe? World? any team with DT is.... Valenc team , via email, promised me a freebie for game-- best seat in house they say...(joking?? )after i told them could not believe don't sell tickets ahead of time , except in person, and only 1 hour before game....but men's hoop in town are sold internet/phone.... guess it 's not like UConnland over there.... at least for women..
Come back Super Sunday 415 PM... race home--- 2-3? hours, to Eastern Conn, .. watch Giants !
should be NO traffic..?

Reaction Score
Leave the car at home and take the train.
But since you are racing back to catch the Super Bowl, I am unaware of any low cost parking options at JFK. The long term lots out by Aqueduct Racetrack run about $18 a day; Hardly a bargain considering RDU long term is $6 a day, and RIC is $7. You might find some off airport parking services near JFK for a few dollars less. Those rates certainly do not encourage folks to leave their cars at the airport.

Reaction Score
hate to drive to JFK, but had best fares/times there to Spain: Sat nite: JFK- Mad -Valencia... anyone know best long-term lot to park car at at JFK? One week- Cost looks like $100-125 ... Diana+ Tina/Epiph+Alba+ Fowles Turkey team play at Valencia- Maya and Lauren J, Sancho L., et al.., Wed 2/1, 8 PM at pabellon san Luis ...
2 best teams in Europe? World? any team with DT is.... Valenc team , via email, promised me a freebie for game-- best seat in house they say...(joking?? )after i told them could not believe don't sell tickets ahead of time , except in person, and only 1 hour before game....but men's hoop in town are sold internet/phone.... guess it 's not like UConnland over there.... at least for women..
Come back Super Sunday 415 PM... race home--- 2-3? hours, to Eastern Conn, .. watch Giants !
should be NO traffic..?

Hope Not. If you want to increase your chances of no traffic, stay away from the Van Wyck. Take the Belt to either the Throgs Neck or the Whitestone. Barring an accident or a breakdown on the roads, a flight delay, delays clearing customs, bad weather, road closures, or detours, you should make it home in time for the kickoff.:D

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hope Not. If you want to increase your chances of no traffic, stay away from the Van Wyck. Take the Belt to either the Throgs Neck or the Whitestone. Barring an accident or a breakdown on the roads, a flight delay, delays clearing customs, bad weather, road closures, or detours, you should make it home in time for the kickoff.:D
ahhhh the Whitestone Bridge... the good ol' days of driving to Queens from Hartford.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I think all the long term lots at JFK are the same price, and you will hop on the Airtrain to get to the terminals from the lot. The lots are only a few minutes apart on the train so just go the the one that has the most parking available so you don't have to walk as far from your parking spot to the train. During any time within 2-3 hours of rush hour it is good advice to avoid the Van Wyck... use the Cross Island instead to go north-south across the island.

I don't know anything about parking at the other lots near the airport. You might find some coupons on line to increase your savings and make it more worthwhile.

You might want to ask the question on this forum:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-york-city/

Lots of local NYC knowledge there.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
If you can park near a terminal of the train that circles all the air terminals at JFK, do it. That train is super, cheap, and runs on a rigid schedule.You can take any bags (even a baggage cart) on it. Check it out. All things being equal, Throgs Neck Bridge is likely less traffic than the Whitestone. Drive the Belt and Cross Island from JFK. Going to JFK, I-95 and follow the signs.

I used to work for a driving service and made hundreds of trips to the airports. If it weren't so late I would share my arcane knowledge about "Throgs."

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I used to work for a driving service and made hundreds of trips to the airports. If it weren't so late I would share my arcane knowledge about "Throgs."

"Wild Thing...You make my heart sing..you make everything...groovy!"

Oh. That's the Trogs..Thorry 'bout that!";)

Reaction Score
I stay at one of the hotels near the airport that allows you to leave your car for free until you return. If you are going for a week, the room actually run you a little lass than long term parking at the airport but alot less stress about making the flight. Shuttle to and from the airport. No stress about making the flight. Personal best is the Holiday Inn just as you get off 695 for the access road to the airport.

Reaction Score
Look into renting a car from one of the majors. Avis MAY (I can't verify right now) not levy a drop charge if you qualify for one of their easily available discount deals (AAA, AARP, your company). Worth a check on-line.
Enjoy the trip and the games.

Reaction Score
I use the ParkingSpot valet service on Conduit Avenue. They have new clean buses and are very close to JFK. Book online through AviStar. Should be $15 -$18/day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom