Best games to rewatch from this year? | The Boneyard

Best games to rewatch from this year?

Reaction Score
I’m a Season ticket holders for the men’s team but admittedly haven’t been watching a ton of the women’s team during the regular season. I have a daughter under 1 and am trying to become more knowledgeable about the team and women’s sports so I can be a better resource for her.

Do you guys have any suggestions for which games would be fun to start with? It’s a long off-season so I hope to watch quite a few

Reaction Score
Games vs Texas, NC St, Duke, Iowa, will all be very exciting since they’re before Azzi’s injury.

Conference games in January will be exciting though the team is often quite short handed in them.

The conference games in February the team will look exhausted and eking out wins and suffering a couple of losses.

The games against SC and Tennessee are satisfying, one a loss the other a win.

The Big East tournament games are triumphant, and Azzi is back.

The NCAA tournament games are a mixed bag. The first two rounds are thrilling, especially the Baylor game. The tOSU game is exciting for tOSU fans but kinda depressing for the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Pretty awesome of you wanting to become more knowledgeable about the team and women's sports. That speaks volumes about you. I would start with the Texas game and go from there. Also, watch other programs, if time permits. Check out the name brand programs...Maryland, Duke, UCLA teams like that. But also check out the Boise States. The Blowing Greens of the world. Those programs that don't get a lot of attention. You can get a vibe on what programs with 4 & 5 Star recruits do vs what programs like Fresno State & Wyoming who get 3 & 4 Star recruits.

Have fun and enjoy.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I will not watch a replay of any loss. Period.
What I do is pick which player I want to focus on. Then I go to the uconnhuskygames site and look at the box scores for that player and then watch it on YouTube.
Right now off the top, I would suggest the UConn vs SoCar OT game in Paige's freshman year where she was unbelievable. Then last year's Elite Eight game against NC State. If I am feeling nostalgic, I will watch any of the Stewie NC games.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@yungdowork I missed your "from this year" caveat. As posted above, the early season games against Texas, NC State, Duke and Iowa would be a great way to start. Then what would do is pick a player I want to focus on. Then I go to the uconnhuskygames site and look at the box scores for that player, pick some game and then watch it on YouTube.

Reaction Score
1995 NCAA women's basketball championship, UConn - TN

(quality not very good)

I was 1 when this game happened but it was huge for my parents! I think the first basketball player whose name I learned as a kid was Shea Ralph haha.

I really appreciate everyone’s suggestions! Looks like I have some studying to do

Reaction Score
I was 1 when this game happened but it was huge for my parents! I think the first basketball player whose name I learned as a kid was Shea Ralph haha.

I really appreciate everyone’s suggestions! Looks like I have some studying to do
There are so many big stars in this team, (I think 1995 is one of the best UConn team)
Shea Ralph,
Jennifer Rizzotti,
Carla Berube,
Jamelle Elliott,
Nykesha Sales,
Rebecca Lobo,
Kara Wolters and etc....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If you're up for teams other than UConn, the second Indiana-Iowa game was incredibly exciting. The crowd was one of the best I've seen/heard.

Enjoy your little one. Don't listen to the folks who say it's downhill from here. A friend once told me, every year is better than the last one. I'm not sure I'd say that's literally true, but the arrow is always pointing in the positive direction. Parenthood is wonderful. I tried to get my daughter interested in sports, but it was never in the cards. She still remembers Maya Moore, though.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
My granddaughter lives in Long Island NY so I took her to a couple of games at Stony Brook University when she was 4 & 5 years old.Wanted her to SEE that girls could play basketball.
She is now 7 and loves to play.
Not sure where you live but there must be a school or two with a women’s sports program within driving distance:
I would suggest the Elite 8 game against Baylor from a couple of years ago.
Thrilling come from behind game

Reaction Score
My granddaughter lives in Long Island NY so I took her to a couple of games at Stony Brook University when she was 4 & 5 years old.Wanted her to SEE that girls could play basketball.
She is now 7 and loves to play.
Not sure where you live but there must be a school or two with a women’s sports program within driving distance:
I would suggest the Elite 8 game against Baylor from a couple of years ago.
Thrilling come from behind game

I actually film a number of d3 sports for arguably the best d3 athletic conference in the country (NESCAC). She’s been to a couple of games for the outdoor sports already but not basketball yet.

I watched a couple of the tournament games from this year and I’ve been enjoying it. The spacing feels a lot different than the men’s games which I think makes it a bit easier to focus on some stuff like players cutting or the footwork of defenders as they try to stay in front.

I’m looking forward to getting to know some of the players’ games a little more! I was expecting to kind of key in on Azzi Fudd but have really appreciated how many girls on the team can flat out score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom