Best ever Guard play? | The Boneyard

Best ever Guard play?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Could well be. Hard to really judge because Uconn doesn't typically play 3 'guards' so do you include two guards and a wing like KML? or KLS? KLS scored 40 in a game and someone was passing it to her. KML had a triple double in a tournament game with Moriah and Hartley - 51 points, 16 rebound, 15 assist. That is the one that came to mind and it doesn't top today's game. To much research involved to track it down. But certainly an amazing stat.

Reaction Score
Could well be. Hard to really judge because Uconn doesn't typically play 3 'guards' so do you include two guards and a wing like KML? or KLS? KLS scored 40 in a game and someone was passing it to her. KML had a triple double in a tournament game with Moriah and Hartley - 51 points, 16 rebound, 15 assist. That is the one that came to mind and it doesn't top today's game. To much research involved to track it down. But certainly an amazing stat.
I would include the 1-3 positions, absolutely. Always think of a basketball team as one point, two wings, two posts. In most offensive sets, the shooting guard and small forward are interchangeable.

Reaction Score
Two nearly had triple doubles and the third scored 27 points. Was that the best tournament game ever by three UConn guards? If not, it has to be close.
And that's with Azzi on the horizon (and Nika on the bench). What did the old Brooklyn Dodgers say about next year?

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
And that's with Azzi on the horizon (and Nika on the bench). What did the old Brooklyn Dodgers say about next year?
Azzi? Hasn't even stepped on campus, still coming back from major injury.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maya, Rene, and Caroline - Syracuse 1/17/2009: 71 points, 20 rebounds, 13 assists certainly in the neighborhood and Doty only played one half ?
Moore: 40 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists
Doty: 17, 4, 0
Montgomery: 14, 3, 11

Sveta had a game with 39 points, 10 boards and 9 assists against UCLA but I can't find the full box of that game to see what two guards did. Same with Sales explosion for 46 against Stanford.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The Syracuse/UCLA/Stanford games were not 'tournament' games....though still quite
delightful.

Reaction Score
I don’t know what Evina is going to do after this year, but I would certainly like to see her return for her senior year for lots of reasons. She has grown into a team leader on and off the court.
I would love to see Evina manage to have an Alesia Clark type professional career. I think she has the ability to be a glue type steady player who can do a little of everything.

Reaction Score
I would like to hear people's opinion on having a line up with the traditional 3 guards and 2 front court players sets the team up better to achieve those gaudy guard performance stats? I feel like with Aaliyah on the floor in that F role just makes a "UConn" offense work and look better. I like having Liv at the high post with Aaliyah down low and three facilitating guards.

The complementary work of Aaliyah and Liv really points out to me how the "working" relationship of Liv and Walker along with Pheesa and Azure just didn't work as well. I feel like we are now back to a Tina/Maya and Tuck/Stewie type relationship that works on the court.

Can you have too many guards getting in each other's way if you have 4 guards on the floor?

Reaction Score
I would like to hear people's opinion on having a line up with the traditional 3 guards and 2 front court players sets the team up better to achieve those gaudy guard performance stats? I feel like with Aaliyah on the floor in that F role just makes a "UConn" offense work and look better. I like having Liv at the high post with Aaliyah down low and three facilitating guards.

The complementary work of Aaliyah and Liv really points out to me how the "working" relationship of Liv and Walker along with Pheesa and Azure just didn't work as well. I feel like we are now back to a Tina/Maya and Tuck/Stewie type relationship that works on the court.

Can you have too many guards getting in each other's way if you have 4 guards on the floor?
There are lots of teams that run very effective offenses with four guards, including Iowa and DePaul, two of this year’s offensive juggernauts. Maryland also runs a four guard offense in the half court. If anything, it enhances floor spacing, particularly if all four are threats from the arc. The Big East is full of four guard offenses and with the increased emphasis on three-point shooting, the set will only increase in frequency. Fortunately, UConn runs both a high-low post and four guard out set quite competently. That’s why Anna is such a valuable piece with Nika injured.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

I think we see more of this next year with the arrival of another big (Amari) and the further development of Piath. This season Geno has been somewhat concerned with fouls to Liv and Aaliyah so he has limited their time together. With Nika going down it has forced his hand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom