Best digital stream service to watch UConn women basketball 2018-2019 | The Boneyard

Best digital stream service to watch UConn women basketball 2018-2019

Reaction Score
Any recommendation? Thanks,
I don't have the access to SNY. I had Sling TV last year.
Sling TV costs ~$ 25/ month, did cover almost 90% of the UConn games.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Are the games not on ESPN3? I find the ESPN app is pretty good. I've watched ESPN3 over the web, too, which is fine. (If you don't have ESPN, then, as Emily Litella used to say, "never mind.")

Reaction Score
Are the games not on ESPN3? I find the ESPN app is pretty good. I've watched ESPN3 over the web, too, which is fine. (If you don't have ESPN, then, as Emily Litella used to say, "never mind.")
What’s this I hear about Crustaceans hi jacking a plane. Emily! That’s Croatians.

Reaction Score
A preseason note about watching on ESPN 3 (watch espn). There are usually some who say their experience watching on their computer is fine, while others say it's terrible (freezing, dropping out, etc.) I've found one factor is the age of your modem. A few years ago everything was good, the next year, not so good, then a new modem and back to good. I don't think it has anything to do with the modem wearing out, just the compatibility with the new signals coming in. However, I am far from a tech geek (really, really far).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
YouTube TV has the ESPNs, SNY, CBSsports (as well as NESN and MLB, I believe) it is $40/mo. Hulu TV is another option at the same price point.

Reaction Score
I have had good success watching almost all games on ESPN3, occasional game on FS1 and a few other on line services. I completely agree the quality of the online games depends on the speed and age of the modem, the strength of your WIFI signal and your computer. I always clean up my computer ("Disk Cleanup" function) before I watch a game to clean out any junk files, and sometimes during breaks in the action or commercials when the transmission gets weaker or interrupted. When UCONN plays any BIG 10 teams, the games can sometimes be found on BTN to go. If I can't find the game on ESPN3, I ask Google "where can I watch UCONN Womens Basketball vs (fill in name of opponent) on line free" When all else fails, I look for Orangutans post of the game feed on the Boneyard the next day or so.

Reaction Score
YouTube TV has the ESPNs, SNY, CBSsports (as well as NESN and MLB, I believe) it is $40/mo. Hulu TV is another option at the same price point.
I also have "YouTube TV." I believe there are only 3 streaming services that carry SNY. I waited and watched for 2 years for that to happen so I could cut the cord.

I'm also a Mets fan and SNY carries them as well. So SNY is a yearlong affair with me... except for Octobers. :(

Also I designated both teams for recording which allows me to watch and rewatch any game any time. Further, if I turn on my Mets (or any show that I record) when the game is half over, I can watch from the beginning and fast-forward as I choose, or I can watch it live in real time.

I'm a happy camper... but I'd rather just stay in the cave. :cool:

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I have had good success watching almost all games on ESPN3, occasional game on FS1 and a few other on line services. I completely agree the quality of the online games depends on the speed and age of the modem, the strength of your WIFI signal and your computer. I always clean up my computer ("Disk Cleanup" function) before I watch a game to clean out any junk files, and sometimes during breaks in the action or commercials when the transmission gets weaker or interrupted. When UCONN plays any BIG 10 teams, the games can sometimes be found on BTN to go. If I can't find the game on ESPN3, I ask Google "where can I watch UCONN Womens Basketball vs (fill in name of opponent) on line free" When all else fails, I look for Orangutans post of the game feed on the Boneyard the next day or so.
What a great ape he is! :D

Reaction Score
Three live streaming services — Hulu, YouTube TV and fuboTV — this week have added the SNY (SportsNet New York) regional sports channel, just in time for Opening Day baseball.

SNY is the TV home of the New York Mets, which begin their season today with a 1:10 p.m. ET game at Citi Field against the St. Louis Cardinals. St. Louis’ Carlos Martinez is expected to face the Mets’ Noah ‘Thor’ Syndergaard

Hulu, YouTube TV and fuboTV all offer packages of live channels online starting at $39.99, $40 and $44.99 respectively.

Like with cable and satellite services, the live streamers can only show SNY’s Mets games in the team’s local market. Subscribers outside the tri-state New York area will not be able to watch the games.

There have been reports that DIRECTV Now, another live streamer, has also added SNY, but there is no indication of the addition on the streamer’s web site. The TV Answer Man has asked DIRECTV Now’s Twitter customer service team for a clarification and will report back here if we receive a response.

3 Live Streaming Services Add SNY - The TV Answer Man!

Reaction Score
I have had good success watching almost all games on ESPN3, occasional game on FS1 and a few other on line services. I completely agree the quality of the online games depends on the speed and age of the modem, the strength of your WIFI signal and your computer. I always clean up my computer ("Disk Cleanup" function) before I watch a game to clean out any junk files, and sometimes during breaks in the action or commercials when the transmission gets weaker or interrupted. When UCONN plays any BIG 10 teams, the games can sometimes be found on BTN to go. If I can't find the game on ESPN3, I ask Google "where can I watch UCONN Womens Basketball vs (fill in name of opponent) on line free" When all else fails, I look for Orangutans post of the game feed on the Boneyard the next day or so.[/QUOTe

CORRECTION... and A million apologies to Javaman... When I was writing my post above, I tried hard to think of who it was that posted the replays on line here on boneyard for us to enjoy... and as I'm getting older it seems my memory is fading. JavaMan is the wonderful person who is quick to find and post the replays!!! I appreciate them so much!!! And again apologize for my error!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I get the big games on ESPN and my benighted, %$#@&%^ DTV cum ATT shipwreck gets me ESPN3 or whatever the #### they are calling it this year, and if I pay the thieves at ATT another $19 a month for the SportsPak full of everything I detest in professional sports I can get SNY and watch UConn stomp on the AAC. Now, this year, I understand that because I am a DirecTV fool and subscribe to SportsPak I can livestream the AAC games directly from SNY. I just want to reiterate #@$%@#&*%#!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had ESPN on Hulu last year and had a great picture, super great, actually better than being at the game. BUT. I had ESPN on Directv and SNY (I never watched them again with ESPN on Hulu. My big question is : now Roku has ESPN with loads of replays WILL I be required to have directv and their ESPN to view Roku\hulu's ESPN and the games???

Reaction Score
I get the big games on ESPN and my benighted, %$#@&%^ DTV cum ATT shipwreck gets me ESPN3 or whatever the #### they are calling it this year, and if I pay the thieves at ATT another $19 a month for the SportsPak full of everything I detest in professional sports I can get SNY and watch UConn stomp on the AAC. Now, this year, I understand that because I am a DirecTV fool and subscribe to Sportsback I can livestream the AAC games directly from SNY. I just want to reiterate #@$%@#&*%#!
I share your DTV frustration. I see something like 550 channels listed. (I don't receive most ) many of their channels I never ever use, maybe 10 and 3 are over the air broadcasted. The technology has arrived (a while back) to allow us to pick and choose and dump the rest. I'm a fan of Roku and a few of that which they present--I'd really like to cut the Directv ties. I am one who liked ATT. There should be a way other than Sling, I tried it -wasn't happy.

Reaction Score
This is the summary I conclude if you want to watch this year's all UConn women basketball games.

1. If you have ESPN on your TV, you can watch ESPN2, ESPN3 free with big UConn games. All you need is to add ESPN+ ($4.99.month) to watch the remaining of UConn game.
2. If you don't have ESPN in your TV, you can choice between Hulu, YouTube TV and fuboTV (those carry SNY), or Sling TV (which carries all the ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPN+).
3. If you have SNY in your local channel (like in CT or NY), you are OK.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom