"Best Day Ever" For Andra Espinoza-Hunter | The Boneyard

"Best Day Ever" For Andra Espinoza-Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
News of Camara's transfer to UConn was "best day ever" for Espinoza-Hunter

Friday, May 27, 2016

There has always been a certain exuberance whenever Andra Espinoza-Hunter spoke about one day coming to UConn.

Espinoza-Hunter, who has been coming to UConn games since former high school teammate Saniya Chong was being recruited by the Huskies, could barely contain her enthusiasm when she found out that former teammate Batouly Camara would be transferring to UConn.

"I had a sense (it could be UConn)," Espinoza-Hunter said. "I was getting vibes that 'hey, your little sister Andi is going to UConn and you are looking at UConn so you might as well come, we can be together again.' When I heard she was taking officials to Penn State and UConn it was kind of a nailbiter, I didn't know which way she was going to go. When I received the news, it was the best day ever."

"I am super excited," Espinoza-Hunter said on Friday shortly after the morning session on the second day of the USA Basketball U-17 team trials wrapped up. "When I first received the news that Batouly was going to visit Connecticut, I was extremely excited. Just the fact that I will be able to have three more years to be able to play with her really means a lot. Batouly, I don't consider her my sister, I consider her a mentor. She has really helped me a lot especially during my freshman and sophomore year. Even now despite us not being together, she is still able to help me a lot. Having another three years with her, she will help me grow as a player on the court but also as a person, she has taught me so much on and off the court. I really look forward to being able to play with her again."

While they played together for a couple of years at Blair Academy, their relationship goes back even further.

"I have known Batouly since I was in fifth or sixth grade," Espinoza-Hunter said. "She is obviously older than me so she will be able to help. I have always looked up to her and to this day I still do. The relationship we have is so strong, we know each other so well, we know our strengths and our weaknesses and our communication we have I enjoy a lot. The communication I have with her, I feel like I don't have with other people that I have relationships with."

MORE...

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know we've almost always had good to great chemistry on the team, but... It really seems like not only are we recruiting kids who are just great people and teammates, but all the transfers have the same mentality. I'm so excited for this team as we move past the Holy Trinity Era and into uncharted waters!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
News of Camara's transfer to UConn was "best day ever" for Espinoza-Hunter

Friday, May 27, 2016

There has always been a certain exuberance whenever Andra Espinoza-Hunter spoke about one day coming to UConn.

Espinoza-Hunter, who has been coming to UConn games since former high school teammate Saniya Chong was being recruited by the Huskies, could barely contain her enthusiasm when she found out that former teammate Batouly Camara would be transferring to UConn.

"I had a sense (it could be UConn)," Espinoza-Hunter said. "I was getting vibes that 'hey, your little sister Andi is going to UConn and you are looking at UConn so you might as well come, we can be together again.' When I heard she was taking officials to Penn State and UConn it was kind of a nailbiter, I didn't know which way she was going to go. When I received the news, it was the best day ever."

"I am super excited," Espinoza-Hunter said on Friday shortly after the morning session on the second day of the USA Basketball U-17 team trials wrapped up. "When I first received the news that Batouly was going to visit Connecticut, I was extremely excited. Just the fact that I will be able to have three more years to be able to play with her really means a lot. Batouly, I don't consider her my sister, I consider her a mentor. She has really helped me a lot especially during my freshman and sophomore year. Even now despite us not being together, she is still able to help me a lot. Having another three years with her, she will help me grow as a player on the court but also as a person, she has taught me so much on and off the court. I really look forward to being able to play with her again."

While they played together for a couple of years at Blair Academy, their relationship goes back even further.

"I have known Batouly since I was in fifth or sixth grade," Espinoza-Hunter said. "She is obviously older than me so she will be able to help. I have always looked up to her and to this day I still do. The relationship we have is so strong, we know each other so well, we know our strengths and our weaknesses and our communication we have I enjoy a lot. The communication I have with her, I feel like I don't have with other people that I have relationships with."

MORE...
More info on what a great person Batouly is. I like it!!!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What was most important:rolleyes: (see quoted comments in the link): Ms Espinosa-Hunter referred to herself as "Andi," which is surely preferable to AEH for us 'Yarders. Just like "Lou" instead of the impersonal KLS.;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Eric - it really comes down to a simple question posed by the coaches - do I want to spend the next 4 years hanging out with this kid for 3 hours a day, and seeing their family around campus for weekends. When the answer is no, or meh, the offer isn't made.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Eric - it really comes down to a simple question posed by the coaches - do I want to spend the next 4 years hanging out with this kid for 3 hours a day, and seeing their family around campus for weekends. When the answer is no, or meh, the offer isn't made.
And when the answer is "yes," the offer is made, even if the player doesn't have top-10 talent or athleticism.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What was most important:rolleyes: (see quoted comments in the link): Ms Espinosa-Hunter referred to herself as "Andi," which is surely preferable to AEH for us 'Yarders. Just like "Lou" instead of the impersonal KLS.;)
Andi. Got it, Kib!

She'll be playing with Lexi. And Gabbi. And Pheesi. And Nati. ;)

Reaction Score
AEH is shorter. Brevity wins.

Reaction Score
I wish I could give this post 50 likes.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
AE_ always reminds me of Atomic Energy which I certainly hope Andi brings with her when she comes!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wish I could give this post 50 likes.

As far as Carnac is concerned, "Andi" it is. :D Now that we have that out of the way, what's next? What other problems or issues need to be solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom