So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Trying these today...4.7% session from:
View attachment 58935

Beer for art's sake. FAB: We are a gypsy brewery based out of Somerville and brewing at Dorchester Brewing in Boston.

Very god, plus, plus they set up the can art so you can peel it off the can and stick it wherever you want, or as call it, inside the shed.

Have to give these props...have purchased several times now. I am a normally "4 pack averse" kinda guy because there are so many 6ers in the $10-11 range that are good...but these are pretty tasty.

Reaction Score
Have to give these props...have purchased several times now. I am a normally "4 pack averse" kinda guy because there are so many 6ers in the $10-11 range that are good...but these are pretty tasty.
4 Packs always give me the heebie jeebies, plus they’re always like incredibly expensive.

Reaction Score
Had some Cloud Candy on tap today, extremely tasty full flavored, cloudy juicy in the Trillium/Treehouse styles but much more affordable per my fellow taste testers.

Reaction Score
When is the IPA craze going to end? My store stopped carrying Unibroue because they simply don't sell enough. Come on people, drink more Belgian beers please!

Reaction Score
When is the IPA craze going to end? My store stopped carrying Unibroue because they simply don't sell enough. Come on people, drink more Belgian beers please!
Not a Corona or Belgian Ale fan...but I do love me some F and F...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
fwiw, when I make Belgian meatballs, I use Golden Monkey (Southern Tier). One can goes in the sauce, one can goes in me.

Reaction Score
fwiw, when I make Belgian meatballs, I use Golden Monkey (Southern Tier). One can goes in the sauce, one can goes in me.

But, Belgian Ale in a can? Have never seen that before.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
But, Belgian Ale in a can? Have never seen that before.
American ingenuity ;)

Bonus for me is cans are curbside recycling, glass is not. I'd put it a hair below FdM, but it's still good.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It isn't going to end. New England IPAs are probably 2/3 the cooler at my local shops. They get way more space than even Bud Light.

Do you really have a hard time finding Belgian Ales? They sit on the shelves collecting dust mostly. I love a nice Chimay Bleu or Abt 12 now and then but can't drink them often. Despite your comment about Golden Monkey in cans, Unibroue would sell more in cans. I sometimes see the four packs, but usually it is the big format bottles that people hate.

I should drink more of those Belgian beers, and more Ayinger Celebrator too. It's interesting that they are now cheaper than the IPAs I drink. @Yardigan is evidently not buying $16-20 4 packs like I am.

Reaction Score
It isn't going to end. New England IPAs are probably 2/3 the cooler at my local shops. They get way more space than even Bud Light.

Do you really have a hard time finding Belgian Ales? They sit on the shelves collecting dust mostly. I love a nice Chimay Bleu or Abt 12 now and then but can't drink them often. Despite your comment about Golden Monkey in cans, Unibroue would sell more in cans. I sometimes see the four packs, but usually it is the big format bottles that people hate.

I should drink more of those Belgian beers, and more Ayinger Celebrator too. It's interesting that they are now cheaper than the IPAs I drink. @Yardigan is evidently not buying $16-20 4 packs like I am.

The problem with Belgians in cans is that many of them are supposed to be exposed to continuous filtered light.

My problem is just with Unibroue disappearing from local stores. It's just better/cheaper than the alternatives (Ommegang, Allagash, Singlecut). The beers from Belgian are typically either not as good or else they are tripels and quads which are special occasion beers.

Reaction Score
American ingenuity ;)

Bonus for me is cans are curbside recycling, glass is not. I'd put it a hair below FdM, but it's still good.

That's a pretty high recommendation. & Southern Tier is local to me--& I've never tried it!

Reaction Score
Not gonna to go back and read this entire thread. Variety is the spice of life. That said:

1602592677627.png

Reaction Score
Not gonna to go back and read this entire thread. Variety is the spice of life. That said:

View attachment 59810

Quite another topic, but I recently saw the Beastie Boys movie on Showtime, and I never realized how this song practically ended their careers. It became a frat anthem, which made the hip hop community disown them, and the boys themselves started partying with frat boys. They were kicked to the curb soon after that by Russell Simmons and their manager. It took a few years for them to get serious.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Heady and Focal are now being distributed to CT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Omg. I figured the beer tourism in Burlington was probably hurting. Not surprised that Alchemist is broadening distribution.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes, and the local place is only selling 2 cans at a time.

Reaction Score
Citation needed on this one.

Well, I was wrong about the light. Was always told they need to be in bottles, but I now realize it's because bottles are stronger than cans and can withstand the secondary fermenting process in the bottles.

Reaction Score

No, he most certainly is not spending $16 four packs.... ;)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well, I was wrong about the light. Was always told they need to be in bottles, but I now realize it's because bottles are stronger than cans and can withstand the secondary fermenting process in the bottles.

Yes, it definitely isn't light. Light destroys beer. It is why Heineken always tasted skunked in the USA. It was. Stella almost stopped exporting to the U.S. because they hated the way their beer tasted here. So many European brands have now gone to cans or dark bottles (not green) with cardboard packaging that prevents light.

But yeah, bottle fermented beers need to be in bottles. But they don't have to be in the big ones.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Heady and Focal are now being distributed to CT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Missed opportunity that they didn't do it when it would disappear off shelves in minutes. Now it almost certainly won't be the best DIPA and IPA in the store.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom