Beer | Page 213 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
It's one thing to drink a white claw. It's another thing to admit drinking a white claw.

Ouch. At least get a High Noon which at least advertises itself as a vodka mixed drink.

OTOH, you can probably flirt with beverage cart girls when you get the Claw.

I am totally fine with admitting I like White Claw Black Cherry on hot days as well as Bud Light Orange seltzers. I'm old can't drink 7-8 beers in a round when it's too hot. Of course at times I hit it like I'm drinking the Claws too.

High Noon? Not a fan have tried. I do occasionally add a Tito's nipper to a White Claw.

Reaction Score
I am totally fine with admitting I like White Claw Black Cherry on hot days as well as Bud Light Orange seltzers. I'm old can't drink 7-8 beers in a round when it's too hot. Of course at times I hit it like I'm drinking the Claws too.

High Noon? Not a fan have tried.
Any who rags on the seltzers I laugh at. They are refreshing and less calories while still being same alcohol content as beer. You can also add vodka floaters to up the ante

Been enjoying Lil' Dinghy Lemon Drops by narragansett lately. 9% they get dangerous because you can crush them and they are a vodka drink instead of malt like the seltzers and I love lemonade or Arnold palmers

Reaction Score
@SoFla Steve @Waquoit If quality of beer consumed was part of it we know Florida would be near the bottom.
My favorite is Guinness Extra Stout draught (not can or bottle). My brother and I made a pilgrimage to The Guinness Storehouse in Dublin (and would have been there again in April had COVID not scotched our plans) just to taste what it's like fresh.

With that said, Guinness is a bit too heavy for the beach which is where my 3 or 4 . . . or 10 . . . favorite bars are. It's currently 87°, sun & clouds, breezy and humid. Perfect beer drinking weather. In fact, I'm headed to Hollywood Beach right now for a cold one. Signing off.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
lets see... yesterday I had a couple of goose island oktoberfests late afternoon, went to the range with my son and we both had a couple of miller lites while hitting balls, next we went to dinner and I had two Trumer pils, then home on the deck with my son and wife I had two Miller High Lifes and an Oktoberfest. I like beer. BTW, my son tells me the new 20 something drink is a Stiegl grapefruit radler(2.4abv) with a shot of vodka or gin.

Reaction Score
Anecdotally, I'm not surprised. Very few of my friends (late 30s through early 40s) still drink beer. I haven't had a beer in three years. Scotch when it's cold, vodka when it's warm. Wine when out to dinner. Beer makes me lethargic, bloated, etc. Even after 1-2. Many of my friends had the same experience as they got older and we all ditched the stuff.

The current hard seltzer rage is kinda funny. Just make your own with your choice of seltzer and vodka. I've been drinking that for a long time in the summer and it tastes better than any hard seltzer out of a can I've tried. Or go vodka soda with an orange slice or any other fruit of choice.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anecdotally, I'm not surprised. Very few of my friends (late 30s through early 40s) still drink beer. Beer makes me lethargic, bloated, etc. Even after 1-2.
That's your problem right there. One and two are only to get you to three, and that's where it all comes together.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The 3 northern NE states are in the Top 7 while the 3 southern NE states the bottom 10?

Like 68 I know I've done my part in both CT and MA, still attempt to on occasion. But I have lost the ability to stay with beer especially in the summer when I have a couple then hit the White Claws, Arnies on the course!
This and the similar numbers with NJ and Maryland stuck out the most to me. Definitely should have received a BIG offer.

I seldom drink beer in attempt to mess up NC stats. Duck Fuke!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I went to Lawson's last week to scoop up some Little Sip. Also grabbed Double Sip and Hopzilla. Hopzilla is my favorite of the three by far, and now I wish I got more. Wanted some Hopcelot but it wasn't available to order for pickup.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I had my first full beer in around a year this past weekend: Lawson's Double Sunshine. It was worth it. Very, very nice beer that reminded me of everything I used to love about beer.

I also tried a taste of Eyes of Lust, a wonderful hoppy blonde ale from Watson Farmhouse Brewery. I read that he is also the head brewer at the new Newsylum Brewery in the old Fairfield Hills in Newtown. That definitely looks like a destination to hit.

Reaction Score
I went to Lawson's last week to scoop up some Little Sip. Also grabbed Double Sip and Hopzilla. Hopzilla is my favorite of the three by far, and now I wish I got more. Wanted some Hopcelot but it wasn't available to order for pickup.
Yep, my friend brought me back a mixed case from Lawson's (Little Sip, Double, Hopcelot) and Alchemist (Heady, Rapture). Hopcelot the best I think, drank one of the four and simply had to have another immediately.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Yep, my friend brought me back a mixed case from Lawson's (Little Sip, Double, Hopcelot) and Alchemist (Heady, Rapture). Hopcelot the best I think, drank one of the four and simply had to have another immediately.
I know that Heady is The Godfather, but my beer palate has changed since it came out, and I no longer really like it. I can't wait to try Hopcelot - I'm guessing it's similar to Hopzilla.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Had this this past weekend. Im not a fruit beer guy (gf is though) , this was very nice.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Had this this past weekend. Im not a fruit beer guy (gf is though) , this was very nice.

Yes, it's good. And available in CT! You must try Hopzilla, and from what I'm hearing, Hopcelot as well.

Reaction Score
I had my first full beer in around a year this past weekend: Lawson's Double Sunshine. It was worth it. Very, very nice beer that reminded me of everything I used to love about beer.

I also tried a taste of Eyes of Lust, a wonderful hoppy blonde ale from Watson Farmhouse Brewery. I read that he is also the head brewer at the new Newsylum Brewery in the old Fairfield Hills in Newtown. That definitely looks like a destination to hit.
I live 15 min away in Monroe and plan to possibly go Saturday. If I do I’ll give a review!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Good choice. It's quite a bit better than Sip in my opinion. Has that dankness that you don't see often anymore.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sparkling Stillwater is doing a really nice job with these craft hard seltzers from 12%; now out with two different 16 oz India Pale Seltzers, both really good:

Are we going to have to ask you to surrender your union card?

Reaction Score
Trying these today...4.7% session from:
1600823856369.png

Beer for art's sake. FAB: We are a gypsy brewery based out of Somerville and brewing at Dorchester Brewing in Boston.

Very god, plus, plus they set up the can art so you can peel it off the can and stick it wherever you want, or as call it, inside the shed.

Reaction Score
Trying these today...4.7% session from:
View attachment 58935

Beer for art's sake. FAB: We are a gypsy brewery based out of Somerville and brewing at Dorchester Brewing in Boston.

Very god, plus, plus they set up the can art so you can peel it off the can and stick it wherever you want, or as call it, inside the shed.
I had one of their beers a couple weeks ago. Very good. The other side of the alcohol spectrum. 13% Triple IPA.

1600826951480.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom