Beer | Page 204 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Sip went down hill once they moved into their larger brewery - IMO. Focal is 100% worth hype over HT. I've been doing Treehouse and Kinsmen thing since lockdown.

How is the pickup process at Kinsmen? They’ll bring it out to you I assume?

Reaction Score
Overrateds might be a good separate thread. I remember when you had to 'know the guy, who knew the guy' to get Sip of Sunshine. I think it's ok, but not worth the premium. It's about $15 for a 4 pak here...I found their sessions all to be better (and more reasonably priced), plus there are a ton of good options in the $10 six pack range.
I remember people would go from store to store when Sip was released, buying their maximum allotment at each. I never went that crazy, although I did head out specifically to get it a few times as soon as I saw it on Beer Menus. And now? It is readily available at a nearby Stop & Shop. It’s no longer close to being my favorite IPA, but it’s still solid for a grocery store beer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Continuing my CT beer tour after a short delay for a trip to Treehouse. They have a great setup there for pick up — highly recommend! Anyway, hit up Fat Orange Cat yesterday and everything was terrific— baby kitten ipa, pale ale and house lager. Will definitely be back!
@brihman You left FOC without buying their absolute best brew? The golden stout, "All Cats Are Gray In The Dark." Anyway, the House Lager is a Twelve Percent Beer Project brew. FOC brews there (in North Haven) and must be selling it to help out. The Baby Kittens is ridiculously good.

Reaction Score
Lol it sounds like I need to make another trip for that one! I’ll definitely get that as well as some more of the lager. Good to hear about the Twelve Percent Beer Project — super crisp beer!

@brihman You left FOC without buying their absolute best brew? The golden stout, "All Cats Are Gray In The Dark." Anyway, the House Lager is a Twelve Percent Beer Project brew. FOC brews there (in North Haven) and must be selling it to help out. The Baby Kittens is ridiculously good.

Reaction Score
Isn't Hanging Hills still going to be brewing and distributing? I thought they were only closing their tap room.
They will be brewing. They have a new location, and hope they can get it going when we go “normal”

Reaction Score
And one of my best friends, who is a pretty good investor, just bought 8 year Carnival Cruise bonds yielding 11.5%.

Is Megan Fox going to ring my doorbell tonight?

1589841300897.png

Reaction Score
Aside from tens of thousands employees from around the world losing their jobs, why?

I work (or used to, tbd) full time on cruise ships as a musician and half of me wants them to go bankrupt as well. They burn the dirtiest, cheapest fuel possible, not because they need to, but because it increases profits. They flag their ships in countries with almost no labor protections and base their corporate entities in other countries that have very low corporate taxes. They knowingly, willfully dump toxic waste, garbage, bilge water, even grand pianos into the ocean and protected ocean sanctuaries life reefs and Glacier National park, because no one can monitor them full time to make sure they don't.

The other half of me wants my job back because I enjoy getting paid to play music and travel the world. What did Marx say about contradictions?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I wouldn't step foot on a cruise. Now or then. Also wouldn't invest in them. I'm currently buying cashless transaction stocks like PayPal (owns Venmo, amongst others) and Apple, but no crypto. Also buying stocks related to 3-D printing - specifically DDD, SSYS, and PRLB.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I work (or used to, tbd) full time on cruise ships as a musician and half of me wants them to go bankrupt as well. They burn the dirtiest, cheapest fuel possible, not because they need to, but because it increases profits. They flag their ships in countries with almost no labor protections and base their corporate entities in other countries that have very low corporate taxes. They knowingly, willfully dump toxic waste, garbage, bilge water, even grand pianos into the ocean and protected ocean sanctuaries life reefs and Glacier National park, because no one can monitor them full time to make sure they don't.

The other half of me wants my job back because I enjoy getting paid to play music and travel the world. What did Marx say about contradictions?
I'd pay a lot of money to see a cruise ship go up the Flathead river into Glacier National Park.

Reaction Score
And one of my best friends, who is a pretty good investor, just bought 8 year Carnival Cruise bonds yielding 11.5%.

Is Megan Fox going to ring my doorbell tonight?

View attachment 54467
Not sure why I'd be bragging about that when he could have bought Royal Caribbean 5-year bonds (a much better company) for the same 11.5%. And why are you bragging about what someone else bought anyway??

Do like your choice in women though......

Reaction Score
Not sure why I'd be bragging about that when he could have bought Royal Caribbean 5-year bonds (a much better company) for the same 11.5%. And why are you bragging about what someone else bought anyway??

Do like your choice in women though......
offered that CCL bond thing to see if anyone had reactions. I'm on the fence on that one

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="his dudeness, post:

[/QUOTE]

Groucho or Karl?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom