So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Lots of people pouring into glasses I see. Is that super common? I always thought the flavor stayed contained in the cans much better...I strictly drink from the can.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Triple Sunshine is just way too much alcohol content (10.5%) and hard to drink, but the Double Sunshine is one of the best IPA's I've ever had and is better than Sip of Sunshine IMO.
I agree with everything you say. And it's OK that you think that Double is better, that's by design. It's meant to be a Sip of (Double) Sunshine.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I took a drive to Lawson's in Northern Vermont the other day and filled the trunk with an assortment of their IPA's. The Triple Sunshine is just way too much alcohol content (10.5%) and hard to drink, but the Double Sunshine is one of the best IPA's I've ever had and is better than Sip of Sunshine IMO. Their favorite beer of mine was unavailable - Super Session #2. I also feel that their overall selection is better than that of The Alchemist's.
I love all things Lawson but I always thought Super Session #2 was way overpriced for what it is. I thought Two Roads did a nice job of approximating it with their Li’l Heaven, at something close to half the price if you bought the 12-packs.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I love all things Lawson but I always thought Super Session #2 was way overpriced for what it is. I thought Two Roads did a nice job of approximating it with their Li’l Heaven, at something close to half the price if you bought the 12-packs.
Agreed on the pricing, but there's just something about its taste, when cold enough and out of a can, that cannot be beat IMO. Also, Lil' Heaven is the beer I now drink the most of. For the price and the quality, it cannot be beat. That and Little Cranky, by Stony Creek. I love the lower alcohol content beers. You can drink 'em all day!

Reaction Score
Agreed on the pricing, but there's just something about its taste, when cold enough and out of a can, that cannot be beat IMO. Also, Lil' Heaven is the beer I now drink the most of. For the price and the quality, it cannot be beat. That and Little Cranky, by Stony Creek. I love the lower alcohol content beers. You can drink 'em all day!
Founders all day ipa also

Reaction Score
That’s awesome! The double sip is a bit of a unicorn for me! One day! Glad to hear it’s amazing.

I agree with everything you say. And it's OK that you think that Double is better, that's by design. It's meant to be a Sip of (Double) Sunshine.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I took a drive to Lawson's in Northern Vermont the other day and filled the trunk with an assortment of their IPA's. The Triple Sunshine is just way too much alcohol content (10.5%) and hard to drink, but the Double Sunshine is one of the best IPA's I've ever had and is better than Sip of Sunshine IMO. Their favorite beer of mine was unavailable - Super Session #2. I also feel that their overall selection is better than that of The Alchemist's.

Nice. Our place in Vermont I’d about 25 minutes from there. It’s a really nice brewery to hang out in (when you can). Always thought Double Sunshine was better than Sip of Sunshine. I love Triple too, and Fayston Maple is amazing. Many of their beers, including Super Session is in stores now in Massachusetts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lots of people pouring into glasses I see. Is that super common? I always thought the flavor stayed contained in the cans much better...I strictly drink from the can.

If I can pour in a glass, I always do. That said, not crappy shaker pint glasses. The glass in my picture is the one from the Lawson’s bar area. Not the one they sell, the one they use. I love it.

Reaction Score
If I can pour in a glass, I always do. That said, not crappy shaker pint glasses. The glass in my picture is the one from the Lawson’s bar area. Not the one they sell, the one they use. I love it.
I too enjoy glasses like the one in your picture...a body with a top that is smaller than the base helps trap some of the aromas, and also leads to a better head (I clearly like head and smell in a beer lol). My favorite is definitely the teku though..the added stem keeps your hand of the drinking glass and the lip at the top let’s that sweet sweet beer roll right off the glass into your mouth!

Reaction Score

Totally agree, Lil' Heaven is a great value. On the low abv side, I like Long Trail Little Anomaly (3.8%) and Lagunitas Daytime IPA (4%) ....both right around 100 cals. I also always go for the glass, too. Smell is part of taste and you just get a lot more of that out of a glass - agree also not just a regular pint glass, I have a couple different IPA glasses I use. Don't get me wrong, if I'm someplace without a glass, I'd be all over the can, but any kind of glass/cup makes it more enjoyable...to me anyways...

Reaction Score
Lawson‘s Finest Liquids, Sip of Sunshine sets the standard for IPAs. Great specialty brews as well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The only one I drink from the can is Heady Topper; I figure they suggest that because their hops taste best when they hit the taste buds on the part of the tongue that the beer hits when you drink from the can, which is different than the part it hits first when you drink from a glass.

Anyway, I don’t want to be a DB.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The only one I drink from the can is Heady Topper; I figure they suggest that because their hops taste best when they hit the taste buds on the part of the tongue that the beer hits when you drink from the can, which is different than the part it hits first when you drink from a glass.

Anyway, I don’t want to be a DB.
Can only. Always! Unless it’s not an option, but that’s very rare.

Reaction Score
I always like to pour into a glass to get that nice head on top and release more of the aromas...tastes better imo!
Much better for your gut to pour into a glass as well gotta get that carbonation out

Reaction Score
Continuing my CT beer tour after a short delay for a trip to Treehouse. They have a great setup there for pick up — highly recommend! Anyway, hit up Fat Orange Cat yesterday and everything was terrific— baby kitten ipa, pale ale and house lager. Will definitely be back!

Reaction Score
Continuing my CT beer tour after a short delay for a trip to Treehouse. They have a great setup there for pick up — highly recommend! Anyway, hit up Fat Orange Cat yesterday and everything was terrific— baby kitten ipa, pale ale and house lager. Will definitely be back!

I picked up a 4-pack of Fat Orange Cat's Corporation T-Shirt and it was delicious.

I'm still decently well-stocked, and Crazy Bruce's curbside pickup is easy enough, but I imagine I'll be picking up from Tree House soon enough.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Personally I think Heady Topper is overrated and Focal Banger is worth every accolade it gets.
I also prefer Focal Banger, but the thing to remember about Heady Topper is that it, along with Lawson's Sip of Sunshine, planted the flag for New England IPAs and helped make Central VT the epicenter of the craft beer renaissance. So it has the OG rep. It's still very good imo, but there have been literally hundreds of beers introduced since in an attempt to follow its lead.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

As a reminder, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Reaction Score
Personally I think Heady Topper is overrated and Focal Banger is worth every accolade it gets.

Overrateds might be a good separate thread. I remember when you had to 'know the guy, who knew the guy' to get Sip of Sunshine. I think it's ok, but not worth the premium. It's about $15 for a 4 pak here...I found their sessions all to be better (and more reasonably priced), plus there are a ton of good options in the $10 six pack range.

Reaction Score
Sip went down hill once they moved into their larger brewery - IMO. Focal is 100% worth hype over HT. I've been doing Treehouse and Kinsmen thing since lockdown.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Overrateds might be a good separate thread. I remember when you had to 'know the guy, who knew the guy' to get Sip of Sunshine. I think it's ok, but not worth the premium. It's about $15 for a 4 pak here...I found their sessions all to be better (and more reasonably priced), plus there are a ton of good options in the $10 six pack range.
Yeah, there are so many good beers at the $10 sixes price point that I have mostly stopped the $15 kinger 4 packs. Tried Dogs and Boats last week, it was fine but you can get that taste profile anywhere now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom