Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I agree!

I grew up in the NW Corner and have been up there several times. You guys are doing fantastic things with the beer and your space/vibe is great. The whole NW corner is a hidden gem of great breweries. Great Falls, Brewery Legitimus in New Hartford, Little Red Barn in Winsted and Norbrook Farms in Colebrook.

I encourage all you locals to get a DD and hit all four in one day.
You wouldn’t expect anything less from. Boneyarder would you?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You wouldn’t expect anything less from. Boneyarder would you?

FINALLY making my way there Sunday. Shame that i can't check out the space, as it looks awesome, but more interested in the beer anyway :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Happy Friday fellow quarantined yarders

236BC8DA-9C43-4C3E-9E00-78EA0EE814C0.jpeg

Reaction Score
Gave Lagunitas Hazy Wonder a try. It was surprisingly (and pleasantly) "not that hazy"... actually a good in-between point between hop-forward and crisp. Not bad at all.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Picked up some Sugarhouse IPA from Lawson's Finest Liquids. My fave beer of 2020 so far. Reeeeeally good. Look for this one.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Damn, that looks good. Did you get it through curbside pickup, or did you have that before everything shut down? I’m wondering if I’ll end up taking the hour-plus drive to get pickup there.

It was from early on, probably 2-3 days before they shut down and went to curbside. We’ve done Trillium curbside in Canton and it’s very well done. Safe.

Reaction Score
Wait...what?!

A couple of weeks ago a friend on Facebook shared a post from The Malted Barley in Westerly saying that they had both beers to go. By the time I got there they had sold out. I went over to Dick’s World of Wines but didn’t see any. Did pick up some Bissell Brother Substance . Following Wednesday I went back and asked if they had any. I was told none this week but were expecting some next week. Apparently The Alchemist is having excess up in Vermont so they are distributing more of their beer. He said when things get back to normal he doesn’t expect to continue to receive them. Went in yesterday and they still had a bunch left.

Reaction Score
A couple of weeks ago a friend on Facebook shared a post from The Malted Barley in Westerly saying that they had both beers to go. By the time I got there they had sold out. I went over to Dick’s World of Wines but didn’t see any. Did pick up some Bissell Brother Substance . Following Wednesday I went back and asked if they had any. I was told none this week but were expecting some next week. Apparently The Alchemist is having excess up in Vermont so they are distributing more of their beer. He said when things get back to normal he doesn’t expect to continue to receive them. Went in yesterday and they still had a bunch left.
Bissell brothers is distributing down here now? Definitely will have to pick some up if they’re in CT

Reaction Score
They started distributing in Massachusetts a couple of weeks ago also.

Reaction Score
Bissell brothers is distributing down here now? Definitely will have to pick some up if they’re in CT
I don't believe they're in Ct. My package store in Pawcatuck hasn't been able to get it but across the river in Westerly they've been getting it.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
How’s the beer?

Damned tasty. Lazy Hazy and Raspberry Fruit Snack tried so far - I'll need to pace myself on the crowlers a bit :)
Your space is just awesome, too - wish it wasn't such a haul for me, but i'll be back at some point.

Reaction Score
I made a couple trips to Tox Brewing in New London over the last few weeks. Not a sour guy, but they made a Key Lime Pie sour that was amazing. They had an Irish Red brewed with hot peppers that was excellent too. Very subtle but noticeable. Great jop on their stouts and IPAs as well.

On-line order and pick-up is something I'm getting used to everywhere!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Love it! are you near Boston with delivery?

I'm nearer to Canton. Haven't had delivery yet, but they have come here. Wife picked this up with the online ordering and curbside pickup.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I took a drive to Lawson's in Northern Vermont the other day and filled the trunk with an assortment of their IPA's. The Triple Sunshine is just way too much alcohol content (10.5%) and hard to drink, but the Double Sunshine is one of the best IPA's I've ever had and is better than Sip of Sunshine IMO. Their favorite beer of mine was unavailable - Super Session #2. I also feel that their overall selection is better than that of The Alchemist's.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Isn't Hanging Hills still going to be brewing and distributing? I thought they were only closing their tap room.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom